remember this?

h39

i still have the bird bath! just felt wierd having a standard looking car with a whacking great spoiler.and also how the hell did the engine lid open with that thing on there, it doest leave room to open on the  hinges? im not sure what to "do" with the car, or can do with the car.budget is non exisistant. i know from previous driving that i have to do something with suspension and tyres, but on a budget even this is dreaming.although i did win some 99p ebay bargain wheels a couple of years ago but tyres are expensive.

can anyone recommend the cheapest route into modded suspension? cheers

avo do a good range of uprated lowered springs and adjustable shockers which I found excellent on both my estelle and rapid.I cant remember exactly how much they were a few years ago -I think the shockers were around 45 each and the springs around 80 -I got a hefty discount with a letterheaded trade order  .apart from that -cutting springs down and wider /lower profile tyres such a s185/60/13 as fitted to xr2 fiestas improves it.Also adjusting the camber by the adjusters of the lower trunnion bolts to maximum negative transforms the steering and turn in on bends

Avos are around £60 each now and they seize and fall to bits! I started on Spax, moved onto Avos and am now trying Gaz. They are all similar but Gaz seem to have the best build quality IMO - they are all in the £60-75 price bracket. To be honest gas shocks don't make tha much difference especially if your car is already lowered....as long as they work well. I needed to soften up the rear of my race car a touch so I am currently running oil shocks on the back at the moment. If you're skint you often see standard oil type new old stock shocks for a few quid. I picked up a pair of fronts for my 105 for 99p a couple of months back. The main probem with the Estelle suspension is there are far too many rubber bushes and joints in the front....by the time they are 20+ years old they are all knackered and you can feel it. It is a bitch of a job to replace them......I know I've done it and lost almost a week of my life!! :'(

would love to help you out with the birdbath,but i dont think id ever find another one! ive been talking with my dad and we were thinking of making a mould of the birdbath? is there anywhere out there still producing the spoilers?

I  decided to M.O.T the skoda recently ,after being off the road for 5 odd years, obvious FAIL but hey it was only a brake light , seatbelt, and emissions!!

the emissions sheet i have states a failiure on Co level of 11.88%  when it shouldnt be over 3.50%. not a problem i thought i just lean the mixture and make sure its cooking hot before the next retest. but now i cant identify my carbs to enable me to find a diagram to locate mixture screws etc.

so i just wonder before i go for retest, what Co levels are any of your guys similar engines achieving? or if anyone knows the factory standard? cheers

:happy: Can you show us a photo of your carb?  The original Jikov will happily idle at 0.3% CO if everything mechanical is sound, but it will idle at it's best at between 1 and 2% CO and also reduce hydrocarbons.. Weber carbs need to run a bit richer, usually between 2 and 3% CO.

• Like 1

. I think the carb is a weber 450 mini progressive,although im not 100%. i cant seem to add any pictures??? it tells me uploads are not allowed. not sure how to reticfy this ,any help appreciated.