Whats next for my vrs?

Hey guys! recently picked this up and im just wondering what ye would recommend doing next to her? she is standard apart from a magnaflow exhaust and coilovers all round (unsure of make....have the reciept somewhere :p) im pretty new on the vag/skoda scene so please bare with me!! :) 

So far i am thinking, 

1.new wheels (something dishy? what would ye recommend??) 

2.window tints

3.induction kit 

4.maybe some styling bits or optional extras? 

Anyway heres a few pics of her....the previous owner is on here too i think? 

null_zpsfe30cdb1.jpgnull_zps52ee3976.jpgnull_zps22c6362f.jpgnull_zpsd676fe7c.jpg

• Like 1

R32 front anti rollbar

28mm nuespeed rear anti rollbar

Polybushes on rear beam and wishbones

Good tyres ( I mean GOOOOD tyres!)

If you can do so,get to R-Tech in Hinckley for a remap!

Thanks vrs mark....but unfortunately I'm in Ireland. So going there for a remap is a bit out of my way....I'm thinking I'll go down the styling route more for now as I'm sick of playing with engines! But I'm sure in time I'll get the itch! ;)

To be honest buddy, I like the standard spider alloys and with that drop your car looks sweet so I wouldn't change them. On a black car window tints look really good imo. The money you save on the wheels I would spend on a remap and a rear anti rollbar and thats the handling sorted. I would also keep the standard air box I think its still debatable whether you get any power gains with them. I found fitting upper and lower strut braces from a Audi s3 made a big difference to the steering and front end. Really tightened everything up. The mods can be endless on these tbh.

To be honest buddy, I like the standard spider alloys and with that drop your car looks sweet so I wouldn't change them. On a black car window tints look really good imo. The money you save on the wheels I would spend on a remap and a rear anti rollbar and thats the handling sorted. I would also keep the standard air box I think its still debatable whether you get any power gains with them. I found fitting upper and lower strut braces from a Audi s3 made a big difference to the steering and front end. Really tightened everything up. The mods can be endless on these tbh.

Thanks for the advice man! :) i know about those induction kits...more for a bit more sound than anything! ill be keeping the wheels too...maybe refurb them in gun metal grey or black...and get a second set for the summer! im a bit odd that way! would i need much to go about maping it? Fmic, clutches etc?? im used to the jap scene you see and wouldnt know much on these! :P can you get self learning ecu's for these like you can with other cars? just up the boost with supporting mods and no need for a map? i wont be spending crazy money on cars anymore either so im still unsure! 

The induction kits sound really nice and throttle response is better but I don't know if they increase power by much. I think the standard clutch is fine for stage 1. A lot of people have changed the standard intercooler as the front mounted ones drop the temps quite a bit but I think they can be costly.

Ride height is **** on mate,spyders look really nice on a black car!

Refurb them,get new centre caps and keep plenty of hard wax on them ;-)

R-Tech can do postal mapping,send them the ECU?

Wellycooler is well worth doing,£80 for the cooler + the boost hoses!

I agree with above, Spiders look great. That ride height must be a pain in Ireland.

The only thing I would normally like aesthetically is getting rid of the chrome grille surround but yours looks really well with the new badges. 

Lovely car, Good luck with it. 

eBay for the Welly cooler

Search for 600x300x76 fmic

200484166200 is the item number!

Boost pipes you'll have to make from ally pipes and silicone....and before anyone says,,,,it won't increase lag! Lol

No,no,no!

It removes a huge pressure drop from the smic or even a forge twin pass and is way more efficient!

Think about this for a second.....your turbo creates 19psi at the outlet,by the time that air enters the intercooler it's been around a few small bends in the boost pipe work. On a forge fmic it goes into the cooler and hits the back of the cooler,then it has to turn in the end tank by 180deg and start accelerating in the other direction,thus loosing 5-6psi! With the Welly cooler it just keeps going in the same direction until it exits the cooler and enters the boost pipes again!

So on a forge set up you'll maybe get 13-15psi at the throttle body....where as with a Welly you'll be seeing 17-18psi at the throttle body!

My car had a forge on it during final mapping at R-Tech and made 300bhp and 297lb/ft....

Put a Welly cooler on with 76mm and 63mm boost pipe run (where possible!) and it made 352bhp and 320lb/ft....

Then the TiV code was added and it made 371bhp and 333lb/ft....all produced lower in the revs,even it's only 100-150 rpm lower it proves it didn't increase lag!

Bottom line is....if you want a faster,better driving car....fit a Welly cooler and forget about lag! ;-)

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback lads! But performance isn't my main priority at the moment!

In regards to the comment about the ride height on irish roads.....its not too bad! There is a certain skill to driving lowered cars around here....on my 6th "slammed bus" as my father calls them, now and I'm more than used to it! :)

I know yeah. I dread letting other people drive the car though, ha!

I have the Grille colour coded and also the joey mod done on the headlights, it's the same year with pressed Irish plates too (identical car just not as tidy), so I'll try and get a picture up next time I have it cleaned up after I finish up exams to give you an idea what it would be like. 

I know yeah. I dread letting other people drive the car though, ha!

I have the Grille colour coded and also the joey mod done on the headlights, it's the same year with pressed Irish plates too (identical car just not as tidy), so I'll try and get a picture up next time I have it cleaned up after I finish up exams to give you an idea what it would be like. 

cheers man id appreciate that! what do u mean by the joey lights though?? :P

Barbecue paint, ha!

You have to split the headlight, with a heat gun and stanley knife. Doesn't effect light output at all on the outer parts but if you wanted them darker than mine, I think

you'd start to get less light output.

You could use Lamin x just on the outside of the lens but then you'd definitely be losing light.