Mk1 Vrs Tdi :P

dieseljohnny

Just posting up my Current work in progress.

Its a 2002 Octavia vrs  with a PD150 engine and six speed box fitted

I will post some proper pictures of my car when I get it back from painting but their some pictures from the conversion here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leonardperformance/sets/72157635025081007/

I converted it as I originally bought the car with timing belt snapped.

I put it going using a head I got for free off of a 1.8 20v audi a4.

Had to swap over the variable valve timing mechanism and used the NA cams.

I also put a stage one map on it.

After driving it for a few months on that setup I decided I was sick of petrol running costs so I bought a Bora sport for handy enough money.

I got sick of the Bora after a few weeks due to the small boot and squeaky dash.

I used the Bora for the conversion and their was an ALH put back in the bora to keep it motoring.

I kept the standard 1.8t intercooler and the piping is mix and match from the PD150,1.8t and 90bhp tdi pipework.

Wiring is as a PD130 would have been wired in an Octavia.

Minor modifications were needed to air conditioning pipes.

I used the petrol clocks for the time being but I kept getting caught out by red line so I put in a limiter at 4200rpm while mapping the PD150

Plans for the future are.

More Power:Undecided between a simple hybrid turbo,a darkside development kit or diy gtb2260 kit.

Front mount intercooler.

Uprated clutch/flywheel combo for when I up the power.

Stiffen the suspension.

TDI vrs clocks.

Fabia vrs gearknob.

Other than that going to try and keep it subtle enough looks wise.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont have the diagrams with me at the moment but it was very straight forward.

Add in the 109 relay and fuel pump relay and add in three or four wires for them.

Replace the petrol fuel pump relay with the glow plug relay and swap its output the glowplugs and its supply was also changed,all its others pins lined up with where they should go.

Swap around of the power supplys in the fuse box,I did this by modifying the splices in the wiring loom.

• 3 months later...

hows things going with the car, due to your info I've managed to get my pd 150 vrs rep running now aswell :D although the bora i got as a donor car has not ended up being broken for spares