monte 1.2 tsi mods

dean0188

hi guys, I have a few questions, I have a tuning box coming and have read a few things about doing other mods with it when running on setting 9

initially all I was going to do was put a k&n panel filter in

what other mods would you recommend to compliment the box and give me a bit more power? and where is the best place to buy them?

cheers

Dean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would be trying the box on the car as it is, standard filter first,

and then splashing cash on the likes of a K&N filter, which is as likely to stangle the engine 

more than actually help it with free flowing, compared to a nice fresh standard filter. 

(advantage of the K&N is more to do with standing up to H20  than performance advantages IMO)

?Does your cars airbox contain a Panel Filter or a Cylinder Filter?

george

Yeah I brought that, just wondering what other mods would complement it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that teaches me that I should read the original post better.

As George says I would try the box on it's own before spending more money.  Or better still if you want to spend some money, get yourself to a company with a Dyno and test the before and after on the box, so you know what you are actually getting from it and can benchmark for any future mods.  For me it's a nice day out and is part of the experience of getting to know your car a bit better.

You'll also need to factor in that you are working the engine harder so regular servicing and associated consumables, maybe an idea to run best fuel possible.  On the filter front you won't be gaining much, my ITG Maxogen filter retails at £300.00 and on my vRS which is a more highly tuned car with two flavours of forced induction on tap at the most gave 7bhp peak (and some may even dispute it's that much as I never dyno'd my car without, so if my car left the factory slightly up on power then the ITG is giving me less.)  I still paid for my intake happily and do personally believe I get benefit from it so I'm not tellling you it's not worthwhile, just do your research before you spend your hard earned cash.

Also consider that many on here would say that you will get a lot more enjoyment out of some cheap handling mods, than spending a lot of money to only gain 1-5bhp.