Bootlid spacers

dawnbringer

Hi all,

I ve searched through the forum and couldnt find infor on how to adjust the 'spaces' which are on the boot lid (interior).

These are  2 rubber chunky at the bottom of the bootlid.  They seem to be adjustable as they are bought on different letter.

I will post some images later as I cant figure out how to explain this.

I am looking  at that this because it could possibly causing a rattle (more like a whistling sound) at the rear

I also found 2 screws after a interior cleaning (will post pictures) is there someone here that can identify them?

Thanks

Edited by dawnbringer

Re boot lid spacers/feet, haven't looked at the bottom ones but if they are the same as the ones on the sides, then the cover on the side pulls off to reveal screw which allows foot to slide to required position when loosened.

They're probably trim screws.

You'll find them holding some of the interior panels.

Do they look used?

Have you had any work done on the car?

Maybe not refitted if that's the case.

If not then probably just left over from original build.

They're probably trim screws.

You'll find them holding some of the interior panels.

Do they look used?

Have you had any work done on the car?

Maybe not refitted if that's the case.

If not then probably just left over from original build.

Yes, i did have some work done earlier this year. I had checked all panels they seemed secure but I will check again! thanks

• Like 2

Hi all,

I ve searched through the forum and couldnt find infor on how to adjust the 'spaces' which are on the boot lid (interior).

These are  2 rubber chunky at the bottom of the bootlid.  They seem to be adjustable as they are bought on different letter.

I will post some images later as I cant figure out how to explain this.

I am looking  at that this because it could possibly causing a rattle (more like a whistling sound) at the rear

I also found 2 screws after a interior cleaning (will post pictures) is there someone here that can identify them?

Thanks

Just read this several times and can't work out what this means                                                ???

Update - 

Doesn't seem my my bootspacer can be adjusted i removed the bottom rubber and there is nothing.

Noise happening when there is a slight bump on the road - the bigger the bump the louder the noise.

I am going to empty to boot and see if there is any improvement...

Thanks all 

Update -

Doesn't seem my my bootspacer can be adjusted i removed the bottom rubber and there is nothing.

Noise happening when there is a slight bump on the road - the bigger the bump the louder the noise.

I am going to empty to boot and see if there is any improvement...

Thanks all

It's not the rubber you remove but the plastic cover on the side which reveals a screw to allow the rubber foot to slide in and out.

Re boot lid spacers/feet, haven't looked at the bottom ones but if they are the same as the ones on the sides, then the cover on the side pulls off to reveal screw which allows foot to slide to required position when loosened.

Many thanks for this pointer - my relatively new 1.2 SE+ was requiring far too much effort to ensure the boot was closed enough to satisfy sensor. Following your guidance I set  the rubber buffers back by two notches each - a more relaxed force now closes the bootlid to the satisfaction of car's sensor and my sensitivity. Thank you.