Help requested in Kent (not urgent)

Oh also Boss is it simple to hide the cabling in the pillar and roof lining? Can't stand wires everywhere!

Other than from the camera up to the rooflining you shouldn't see any cables at all.

From the drivers seat you may not even see that.

yetifrontcam.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi, I am new here, so please be kind to me.

On my 2013 Octavia, I can't get the glove box out to access the fuses. I have the side plastic panel off, as per the owners handbook, but can't follow the next step to "unlock the brake rod".

I don't know where it is or how to push it, once it's off it will probably be obvious, but it ain't at the moment.

Can someone help, please?

Thanks

John

Hi John

It is a pain, but straightforward - from the side once you've removed the side panel have a look through one of the small cut outs, you should see the 'brake-rod' attached to a small lug. Using a long screwdriver (or similar) push this into the small cut out and lever upwards to release is from the lug (it will pop up easily enough, it will retract slightly now out of the way). The next part is probably the *second* most tricky part as you will then need to sit in the passenger seat and tug upwards and side to side (gently) to get the hinges to disengage from their lower lugs. Once they're clear -  the glovebox is off. Phew!

Now onto the *first* most tricky part: To re-fit; site the glovebox back onto the lower lugs (ensuring the top 'stops' are under their respective area to stop it falling forward (you'll see what I mean) and manoeuvre the hinge lugs whilst ensuring the 'brake-rod' stays out of the way and push, and push and push. It will eventually click onto the lugs - the brake rod can then be simply clicked back onto its own locating lug. You can then go back indoors for a well-earned beer, happy in the knowledge that you thwarted Skoda on possibly the most ridiculous design ever to get to your fuses..... :think: 

If it's any consolation; I can get this off and on inside a couple of minutes now having retrofitted footwell lights and tried out the cable runs etc on a number of tries.

Best of British!! 

• Like 1

Thanks a lot Steve, just exactly what I needed, you're a star!

Isn't it wonderful, a) what the internet can do

B) how helpful people can be

c) how when you put it all together how useful it is to make our lives better

d) sorry this is getting boring now, last one, how the baddies and extremists in all the world societies get all the news coverage?

John 

when re-attaching the glovebox, be careful that the brake-rod is fully extended (you may have to pull it out manually). Otherwise it will not reach the lug that it has to latch on to.

For me the trickiest part was working out what "side panel" the manual was referring to. Seems obvious when you finally figure it out but the manual diagram is hopeless!