DPF issues

Hi and welcome to the forum. from what I know (liitle probabaly!) the DPF issues were ironed out when the CR engine was produced, which is fitted to the latter MKII models (only the vRS and I think 4x4 scout had a PD engine with a DPF)

There have been a few DPF issues reported by the odd mkIII owner but these seem to be becaus ethe DPF has performed a regen within the first few miles but have been ok  since - most likely because of the short stop start rag the bum off them trips they've had on and off the transporters but apart from those I've onle seen 1 other and that involved a faulty ECU IIRC.

The few DPF issues I've seen on CR engined mkIIs reported on the site have been sensor problems and I think most of those were early facelifts that had a faulty batch (again IIRC they were made in 1 particular country- think it was the USA).

As long as your journeys are not short stop start ones/all city driving you should be fine. :thumbup:

There's a DPF guide on skodas website under owning a skoda but the latter part of this explians how a DPR works far better

http://www.natef.org...2-0-TDI-SSP.pdf

Ive had three VAG cars with DPFs over the past 5 years, both PD and CR injected, covered 87k miles across all three cars and not one of them gave me an ounce of bother.....not even a forced regen.

Alot of it is down to how they are driven. If you do stop start runs driving like driving miss daisy all the while youre asking for trouble, get them up to temp and give them the beans regularly enough prevents any such issue.

Good to hear however that a bit more work has gone into the DPF tech to make it even more robust, doesnt hurt.

There was also mention of a DPF error with a user on this beard that had a 2.0tdi; long story short, it turned out to be 2 sensors, that started live to serve the 1.6tdi..

Poo happens, get over it, the DPF is no longer an issue.  Me I'm ordering a TSI anyway but, I still think the 2.0 TDI is a great car that Dad can give a bt of stick to whenever he's on his own.

Regards

T