Faulty Instrument Panel

stc112

Hi all,

This morning, I noticed my instrument Panel on a 2008 Fabia was half dead. Car starts fine, shows about half of the usual dash icons and when driving neither the speedometer or rev counter are working. The display with temperature, mpg, miles is working fine as are the icons for my headlights. Indicator lights are not working, but the indicators on the car itself do work when signaling.

Tonight I also discovered that there is no illumination while driving with lights on, however after switching of the engine and leaving the lights switched on, the illumination stays on. As soon as I switch on the engine again, illumincation disappears again.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Could this be because of a faulty/old battery? Still on the original battery at the moment.

Thanks

Strangly enough after leaving the car parked up for a few hours and trying again, all worked well again.

This morning, same issue; illumination and indicator lights and such working fine until I switch on the ignition after which they stop and no speedo/rev counter

Fuses look ok, will check the connections

Thanks