Brake carriers

gertie

I couldn't get my new discs on with the carriers in place but iirc I'm sure the old ones came off with them on. If they haven't been removed before, the two bolts that hold them on will be fairly tight so make sure you have a good wrench and/or breaker bar. They are loctited in from the factory.

thanks for the replies guys but meaty101's post fills me with dread.....it's my first time doing this sort of job and i done a bit of searching around

but if i can do it without removing them i'd be far happier.

I didn't want to put you off doing it yourself buddy I was letting you know what tools you'll need. It'll be worse pulling the car to bits only to find you don't have the correct tools. The bolts will be tight but not impossible to undo. Go for it its straightforward to do.

Decided to do a sort of dry run....jacked car placed on stand no problem,

removed wheel and brake caliper no problem....

Come to remove the disc screw and well lets just say the impact driver I bought for the job did'nt make an impact and just mullered the screw.

This has not put me off though and will reschedule the job for another weekend i'll be better prepared I will drill the screw and replace all the bits as planned then

The re-assembly served as practice and a confidence booster that I could tackle the job.

Cheers for the advice guys

Yeah the screws holding the discs on almost always snap or round off. Mine did when I did mine. Some people drill them out and put new ones in but I didn't. There not vital at all they just stop the disc moving when you refit the wheel.