ICE upgrade - estate vrs

Just wondering if anyone has got preferences on a head unit for octy mk1? Would like a double din with possibility to watch dvd and connect to phone to display internet content.

Any ideas as I have no idea what js good or if adapters etc are required

Cheers

Happy New Year

Regards

Good times lloydy!!??

Budget wise I'm not sure. I know thats not much help but I wouldn't be able to say if spending say £200 would get me something decent or that I would have to spend over £400!? Not touched ICE upgrades for over 10years.

I've been reading gee mans project thread which is out of this world and something like what he's got looks about right??

Seen your input into that also lloydy and I'd be happy for you to work on my car ;-)

Seen your input into that also lloydy and I'd be happy for you to work on my car ;-)

He he not in todays state :D

Id be asleep in it........

Or ill :p

Pioneers offer some nice sneaky function that get good results from lower power systems tbh

Are you worried about dab ?

Or just bluetooth and dvdness :)

I got a great double din jvc off ebay for about 170 new. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I could live with that sort of price area for brand new

He he not in todays state :D

Id be asleep in it........

Or ill :p

Pioneers offer some nice sneaky function that get good results from lower power systems tbh

Are you worried about dab ?

Or just bluetooth and dvdness :)

Never had dab and can't say its something I really want so guess I could live without! I'll have a look through all the links you posted cheers

Have a read on this mate

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299659-pioneer-avh-x3500dab/#entry3570736

When im more um........ Stable ?

I will read on :D

Something like this is great but reviews say its no good with android and I'm a iphone hater! But along tbe right llines. Will check out other posts.

Thanks for all input and suggestions

Pioneer AVH4400 bt gets my vote. An awesome double din unit with Blue Tooth. Couple that with a Brodit dash mount for your phone and away you go.

Although that looks perfect, I'm looking a little further south of £500

I have no idea what these are like but for less than £100 cant really complain, just doesnt play dvd's etc

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_869329_langId_-1_categoryId_165655

Good shout but it doesn't look like it's app compatible so wouldn't be able to surf net via my phone internet!? A feature I want really

Good price though.

Thanks for info

Well I have just found an absolute beauty look no further frenchieg this is top of the range of the rangey range range the flip out dvd free view sky tv etc etc for fraction of the price of the alpines n pioneers :-) http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=201012100927

Tell me wat u think :-p

• Like 1

Well I have just found an absolute beauty look no further frenchieg this is top of the range of the rangey range range the flip out dvd free view sky tv etc etc for fraction of the price of the alpines n pioneers :-) http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=201012100927

Tell me wat u think :-p

Do you think this will plug straight in!?? ;-)