2nd service, shockers problem

Yesterday the superb went in for its second variable service yesterday, I asked them the check the suspension , cause last week I has a hire full load, and came up to a big set of speed humps that the superb usually deals it with ease, but the other day with full load I had to stop the car to actually stop the underside scraping the hump, luckily no serious damage was done and on the Vhc they didn't find any faults in the suspension, but they asked me to bring it back on Wednesday and they will do a full suspension check and they have ordered in a set of shockers just in case it needs them, but it has only done 36500 miles, it's a twin door 62 plate 1.6 TDI cr (non greenline) anyone else know of suspension probs??

I have a 2010 Estate, 46,000 miles. It is used for towing a caravan quite a bit and when doing so is well laden (4 passengers, bikes on the roof, boot full etc). Just before service in October I was cleaning it and I noticed that the bump stops appeared rotted. They look like ribbed foam rubber tubes which sit over the piston strut of the rear shocks. might be worth a look. Not difficult or expensive to fix.

Edited by Hillhound