Update on fabia II 1.9tdi 3 bought 3 months ago.

Had this car for 3 months now.

2nd hand it was 4 years old and had only done 17k miles. (£6.5K for a 59 reg with all extra's (bar heated seats))

So Ive remapped it, put in some decent rear speakers and done 3K miles in it.

Verdict.... Brilliant what a bargain.

I know this engine well from an Ibiza pd 130 (will go to the moon and back no probs), and the remap has made it a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing(easily 140 hp now).

Easily does 50mpg, Tax £105 a year and insurance £250 a year.

Didn't think I would enjoy driving it so much after the Ibiza, road on rail type handling, but once you get used to the foibles its a pleasure.

If anyone has a chance of of a decent one of these 2nd hand.... Go for it! you won't be disappointed.

Hi,

Did you use Shark to remap your Fabia as I have a similar spec model to yours but a Combi/Estate, with heated seats (not used them yet)? Was the remapping a simple process and did you do it yourself?

Also what make and model of speakers did you use to update the rears?

Thanks, Cheers Pete.

Yes I used Shark with an STS.

WRT the rear speakers, I found the stock rear speakers vibrated like anything if you turned the Bass anywhere near positeive, however the front ones were ok.

I have a Fabia II 3, and it has 4 speakers in the rear, 2 bass and 2 tweeters(same in front) the rear tweeters were ok ish so I just replaced the 165mm ones.

I replaced them with Pioneer TS-G1721i which only cost about £25-30 for a pair.

They now can handle the bass without vibrating and I can have the fade the rear set higher than the front as I prefer.

Yep, I concur - the 1.9 PD with the '3' spec is a great package and fab value for money. I've had mine for nearly 5 years now and it's been a peach of a motor. Apart from the obvious merits of the engine (torquey pull, at least 50 mpg no matter how you drive it, no DPF regens to worry about), you also get a surprisingly high level of pampering with the cruise control, climatronic, centre armrest and rear parking sensors. Mine's a keeper!