DSG oil + Brake pads

Hi Wayne,

I had my DSG oil and filter change done last month at RRG main dealer in Bolton for £150 all in, I was quoted the same price last spring but with low mileage and only a little over the recommended time I opted for a good detailing at Chris's and a chat with you!!

Although it's not shown on the website I think the DSG oil & filter change is included in the national pricing. Just mention some dealers are quoting £150.

My invoice breakdown was:

Labour. 0.80. £50.65

6F7 Filter. 1.00. £11.31

6G GETR. OEL. 5.00. £59.80

SPORD SEAL. 1.00. £3.25

Total £125.01

Plus vat and presume OEL means oil.

Mines the CR 170

Hope the above helps. Cheers Robert.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk

Is it an easy job?

Oil cheap?

Not a difficult job but you do need a special tool and VCDS or a code reader which will give you a gearbox oil temp reading (some people use a laser thermometer on the casing of the gearbox)...the temp has to be between 35 and 45 deg c iirc.

Oil is about £15 per litre and the filter is about £20...so all in £95 for parts.

There are how to guides on VWvortex and other places....the next time i do it i will post one on here for you all to take a peek at.

The special tool can be made quite cheaply using a new gearbox drain plug and a bit of plumbing.

However, to get the correct oil level you must follow the procedure particularly wrt oil temps.

• Like 1