rear wheel shock mounts having fun

when i got my fun   the rear mount was coverd in a rubber matting  so when i got the car back  i decided to remove it  and attack it with a hammer and a wire  brush    this is what i found     after much thought  to what to do .i decided to weld it  ,   grind it  and then fill it to tidy  it up so it wont look that bad when i paint it  . i know that this is a very common thing  on the fun   so don't forget  to check what underneath  the rubber mats !!!. 

hope these pics  help some one else 

post-110996-0-69536700-1389126816_thumb.jpg

post-110996-0-98409200-1389126820_thumb.jpg

post-110996-0-16640000-1389126826_thumb.jpg

post-110996-0-99413300-1389126890_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

just  a follow up on the finished arches  with help  with a bit of filler and yellow  paint   to tidy the weld up.

just proves to show any thing is possible,    so don't give up on  the fun as there is not many left

post-110996-0-92906300-1389827678_thumb.jpg

post-110996-0-05164100-1389827682_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

just an update   

the car has now passed the MOT     yaaaa

failed at first due to emissions   off    the scale . found out the Lambda  sensor  was no good causing the car to think it was running weak    on doing so was actually giving it more fuel .  that cost me new  £63 ntk with connector socket fitted  from car spares,  (not  a cut and fit universal)  .   so problem solved 

also re routed the breather  pipe  to an oil catch tank  then to the air box  removing it out of direct air pipe feed  as that was full of oil 

other than that  it passed with flying colours  and it was running a lot better 

and   i found this usefull alternative to vagcom   and its cheeper 

http://carport-diagnose.de/files/CarPort_1.4.15_Setup.exe

and a cheep  vagcom wannabe cable  special  from ebay 

had to buy the program to open it up  to full potential . useful tho 

hope that this helps  info  helps the next  person