Offered civic type r

Would a civic type r keep up with the octy on say stage 1 map with fmic,turbo back,and cai? Or would the octy have it easy?

Depends on the size of the drivers testes. I wouldnt want to be the one tasked of driving the octy.

I have some more pictures of the crashed civic on my laptop because he was to heartbroken to go to the yard to collect his stuff from it

Would a civic type r keep up with the octy on say stage 1 map with fmic,turbo back,and cai? Or would the octy have it easy?

As mentioned it's down to the kahunas of the driver, especially in the Octavia.  My best mate had a CTR when I had the vRS.  Before the remap he would have a slight advantage on the straights and leave me in the corners.  After the remap, I had a slight advantage on the straights but corners were the same.  After I got a Whiteline RARB, he still had me in the corners but it was less wobbly in the Octavia.

Where I won hands down was getting the three small kids in, the pram, carry cot, three suitcases and al the associated stuff that comes with a small family for a week away.  They are two different cars for two different jobs in my opinion.  One's a bit of a barge for cruising (albeit fast cruising), one's for having fun.

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old thread.  But we know the Civic Type R hits a wall at 147mph.  My mate is running stage 1 on the Octy and he has seen 160mph on the motorway easy.  The Type R is good for a laugh racing around the city but it wouldn`t stand a chance on a motorway run.  I drove the new Type R and I really don`t see the fascination.  It was boring to drive.  I had the Cliosport 172 Cup at the time and that was a lot more fun and better handling!  If you want a quick hatchback try a V6 Clio or a Pulsar GTIR.  Honda are really nothing that special and VTEC is a stupid pointless idea for a road car(wow I can rev to 8000rpm, so what?).   Who wants to be revving the crap out of something and making only 10mpg.  I prefer low down torque from a nice Turbo engine anyday.  Effortless 'overtaking' Torque.  Anyone who drives a Civic Type R hard just looks like a Tit. 

Edited by sammyhale30

Load of typical owners crud in this thread.  :giggle:  

VTEC is awesome fun.

Plenty of room in the rear for 2 kids.

Boots is a decent sized for a small hatchback.

MPG figures are being greatly over exaggerated, I had 40 mpg on a long round trip in the CTR, you have to drive a vRS equally like a grandma to get the figures.

vRS is a better family car, Type R however is not that much further behind and is a much nicer "drivers" drive, handles far better and standard is quicker.

Few mods on the CTR and it will be pushing 230-240bhp.

Both good cars, both do things differently, no need for all the myopic *******s.  :giggle:

Load of typical owners crud in this thread.  :giggle:  

VTEC is awesome fun.

Plenty of room in the rear for 2 kids.

Boots is a decent sized for a small hatchback.

MPG figures are being greatly over exaggerated, I had 40 mpg on a long round trip in the CTR, you have to drive a vRS equally like a grandma to get the figures.

vRS is a better family car, Type R however is not that much further behind and is a much nicer "drivers" drive, handles far better and standard is quicker.

Few mods on the CTR and it will be pushing 230-240bhp.

Both good cars, both do things differently, no need for all the myopic *******s.  :giggle:

Agreed 2 very different cars, however I've never seen any Honda petrol do 40 mpg other than a Jazz or a hybrid they just don't make fuel efficient big petrol engines they go for power above all else that's why they don't need turbo's to make 200bhp.  If you want the best type R get the accord far better than a civic and easier to live with day to day.IMO of course :rofl:

I had 40mpg from mine, however it was only on a 400 mile round trip driving like a granny.  :giggle:

Suspect the average MPG's are very similar, certainly not enough to argue over.

Accords Type R's are decent but imo they are just too old now/finding a good one is hard. There are loads of mint CTR's around still. 

Best Type R is the FD2.  B) Until we see what the new one is like, 5 door circa 300bhp turbo.  :o

I bet most people who slate the type-r have never driven one tbh.

Just because it makes peak power in the vtec doesnt make it a slow gutless thing before vtec. They still go like stink before the vtec!

Both the octy and CTR have pros and cons.

And the CTR is a nasty sod for drinking oil aswell

I had the same decision to make the other week. I was weighing up the cupra to the type r tho not a vrs. In the end id miss a turbo too much and if u are into modding expect to pay big bills for little gains.

I've driven all the type r s in each range I worked for Honda for best part of 12 years. The ATR is hard to get a good one your right they've all been chaved or crashed. Integra uk model in pirates black is the holy grail for me, we only sold 2 while they where in production and I'd give a kidney to get a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ATR gets the vote from me too if you really fancy a type r. Had one for about 3yrs and although I had a few issues to sort on it (mostly due to wear/tear), it was a fantastic car and also very family friendly too. Very capable of a family week away which we did as often as possible as it was such a fun car to drive. Handled like no other 4dr family car for the money and very liveable on uk road. when driven correctly a very quick car as well, did the odd track day in mine and I could upset a lot more expensive cars. The engine is far from gutless, and the accord is a 2.2 so more low down torque. If driven in vtec/spirited drives I'd get 250 miles to a tank but close to 400 if driven normally. Tho I agree with the above, its hard to find a good example now but they are out there. I miss mine to bits, but I think I'll get a FD2 civic at some point.