'Rapid Ralph Rapid' and I want to say a big 'Hello'

WotNotAgain

Hey, I and my car 'Rapid Ralph Rapid' - a Candy white 1.6D SE 105 Greentech have been together since 19th December 2013, - Ralphs birthday.  

Having owned 3 VW Passat Sports and 3 Ford Mondeo Titanium X's and covered over 500,000 miles in these cars, I have fallen for the superbly designed and constructed Skoda Rapid. The previous 6 cars did indeed have much more 'gadgets' - which were rarely used, some like the Fords (sorry I probably just swore) automatic lights / wipers were either an annoying nuisance or NEVER used, as was the badly designed tailgate opening with automatic driver shower - which allows rainwater in and has still not been redesigned. I will miss heated front windscreen - but 'hey' you can't have everything, - I'd rather save the 380Kg, use less fuel, and have a lighter car that will actually be able to drive in snow, we tend to have some at this time of year in Scotland - but none so far this winter, and have massively reduced fuel and 'running' costs. Rapid Ralph Rapid - his full 'Sunday' name has a wish to meet with Jonathan Ross  and Sir Alex Ferguson - just so he can hear them say his name - I too will be much amused on that day. Ralph and I are enjoying our first few days together, I'm seriously impressed with the torque in this engine, it comes in at a good rev range, and at higher speeds (not mentioning what speeds) you just floor 'the pedal to the metal' and instant (very positive) response. Still not sure how the ERS actually works but if it's good enough for F1 then I'll have some of it too. I'm trusting you won't hear too much from Ralph and I over the years, just the odd question from time to time, and on that note here's question 1... Q - Can the glovebox on the SE model Rapid with A/C be easily converted to be a coolbox - like on the Climate Control A/C of the Elegance (up market) version? No prizes, but it would be an interesting first 'project...'  Keep 4 black on the black, and the shiny side up ;)

• Like 1