1.4tsi engine information

Hi,

I've been search for some info on the 1.4tsi engine but not had a lot of luck.

info I'm after is -

Does the engine now have a single turbo or is it also supercharged?

Does it have a cambelt or chain.

If cambelt what mileage is specified for change and how much are Skoda quoting?

If chain is there any replacement schedule or just inspection?

Is it 12 month/10k service schedule?

Anyone have pricing from Skoda on service costs and types of service needed each year (in your service book?)

Thanks in advance for any info :)

Hi,

I've been search for some info on the 1.4tsi engine but not had a lot of luck.

info I'm after is -

Does the engine now have a single turbo or is it also supercharged?

Does it have a cambelt or chain.

If cambelt what mileage is specified for change and how much are Skoda quoting?

If chain is there any replacement schedule or just inspection?

Is it 12 month/10k service schedule?

Anyone have pricing from Skoda on service costs and types of service needed each year (in your service book?)

Thanks in advance for any info :)

1.4 TSi is single turbo.

Also belt driven (older one was chain, have moved to belt)

2 year, 20k service intervals but can be set to 1 year, 10k if you so wish.

No idea about belt replacement schedule but if its not several years or 80-100k miles id be fairly surprised.

Skoda have recently (from WK45/13) withdrawn service books from the glovebox and gone electronic for the Octy III at least.

So a lot of servicing info that was printed for the owner to read and follow has now gone and you have to rely on the knowledge or lack there of (depending) of your dealer as to what your car needs at each service :S

TP

If you get the servicing included in your finance then it is every 10,000 miles or each year for the first 3 years then variable servicing.

My service interval is coded Q16, inspection every 2 years, oil change service every 2 years or 30,000km - I presume 20,000 miles.

In the service book I cannot see a mention of when the belt and pulley need changing, given the service intervals are every two years I would presume in the region of 80 to 100,000 miles.

Belt is meant to be every 4yrs I believe, according to Skoda. Changed a couple of years back?? A lot of argument at the time as it was only Skoda UK saying 4yrs. Everything else never gave the time limit. Certainly my diesel is 4yrs, and by the sounds of things, id guess the petrols are as well. Dont get cambelt changed at dealers. Go to a reputable independant (if you have any near you). They will use exactly the same cam belt kit, and will be cheaper.

Belts generally dont need changing as often as they used too, my wifes 57 Vauxhall Astra has a 1.6 petrol engine that as stated in the maintenance book doesnt need a replacement belt for 10 years or 100k miles; whichever came first. Cars several years old though admittedly only has 45k on the clock but its still on its original belt. If it did give up the ghost think id have pretty good cause to get Vauxhall to majority contribute to the repairs as were following their published maintenance.

Most belts last upto 10yrs now. But for some reason Skoda have said 4yrs. What i will do, before i get to 4yrs, is ask my local independant what their system says. Considering it was just Skoda UK that first introdyced this 4yr timeframe, the main system may say something different. You never know.