High Beam assistant with bi-xenon

The brochure for the Octavia lists the following two options:

- Bi-Xenon, AFS and LED daytime running lights, cornering fog lights & light assistant (Includes rain sensor). £1190

- Intelligent light assistant with high beam control (Includes rain sensor). £440

What is the relationship between the two?

Does the first include all the functions of the second? Or if high beam control is desired with bi-xenon must both be ordered?

Intelligent light assistant is where the car automatically puts the headlights (highbeam) on under certain conditions (uses a camera behind the mirror) and over a certain speed.  When another car comes in the other direction it will turn them back to dipped.

option 1 above wont include ILA with high beam control as its a separate option so if you want the two it will be £1630.

(Light assistant is where it turns the lights on automatically when its dark)

From the back of the brochure

AFS (Adaptive front light system) 

AFS: Adaptive front light system is a

feature of Bi-Xenons and allows the

light beam to adapt to the car's

speed, direction and the weather

conditions. Urban driving emits a

shorter, wider beam whilst faster

driving emits a longer beam.

Cornering function sees the beam

turn up to 15 degrees in direction of

the steering wheel's turn. The beam

will also adjust according to car load,

acceleration and wet weather to

prevent dazzling oncoming vehicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Beo1XF3t4f0

Light Assistant

Isnt really mentioned in the brochure but it basically uses sensors in the car to decide when its going dark and turns the lights on automatically (on dipped )> it also does the coming/leaving home lights where you go to the car in a dark carpark, unlock the doors and it puts the lights on so you can see.

From google

Light assistant
As a practical device, which simplifies the controlling of the car’s lighting, the Light assistant provides these functions:

Leaving home: Turns on the lights after unlocking the vehicle for easier finding of the convenient path to the car.

Coming home: If the light intensity outside is lower than a set level, this function provides pleasant illuminating of the path home.

Tunnel light: While driving, this function activates headlamps if the intensity of the outside lights abruptly decreases.

Day light: Turns the daytime running lights on after turning the ignition on.

Also integrated into the Light assistant system is the Rain lights function, which turns the lights on when the wipers are activated.

Finally the £440 option  

Intelligent Light Assistant*. Using a camera mounted behind the rear view mirror, the

Intelligent Light Assistant* monitors light levels and determines what level of lighting is

required. The car then turns on the headlights or if required, the high beams. Should another

vehicle’s lights be spotted by the camera (either in front or moving in the opposite direction)

or the light levels improve sufficiently, the car will automatically turn down the high beams.

To activate this function the headlight switch must be sent to “auto” and the left stalk on the

steering column be moved forwards.

Capiche?

I'm confused. I definitely have the rain sensing option and my lights come on in a tunnel, but as far as I can tell there is no camera behind the mirror. There are four sensors that look a bit like LEDs.

So which system have I got?

I'm confused. I definitely have the rain sensing option and my lights come on in a tunnel, but as far as I can tell there is no camera behind the mirror. There are four sensors that look a bit like LEDs.

So which system have I got?

Thats normal Light Assist 

you only get the camera with intelligent light assist

I have AFS on my R36, and I sometimes think there is a car approaching round a blind bend but it  is my headlights illuminating around the corner! They also come on when you are travelling over 80 mph (on a private track!  ;)