Fitting towbar

Hello people

I am hoping some of you kind folks might be able to help me in my endeavour of fitting a towbar.  I have the towbar fitted and the wiring sorted in the boot area.  But i still have the wiring loom to run through the car up into the dash at the front.  I am struggling to work out how to remove the trim along the bottom of the doors that covers the edge of the carpet, as i need to run the wiring along the sill.  Any ideas or tips please.

Cheers

Roger

PS i am loving my new Corrida red 2.0 diesel SE hatch.  Much nicer than the Insignia that it replaces.

I have had the front kick panel trim off, not fully though. I found by pulling the door seals up gave me access to run cables behind the trims, not taken rear ones off but I can tell you from experience that the trims can shatter if they are cold and if bent or pulled to much they can go "white" from stress pull in plastic. You need to be careful also from any airbag/seat belt equipment/wiring that could be lurking behind the trims. Not much help I'm afraid, but better than nothing!!

P.S, glad your enjoying the new octavia, it is albeit not perfect still a cracking car.

Edited by Pumatron

I would be interested to see a pucture of the fit, especially the amount of bumper that needs cutting. I been getting quotes for a towbar and they all say the bumper cut is 'invisible' but nobody has a picture.

• Like 1

I would be interested to see a pucture of the fit, especially the amount of bumper that needs cutting. I been getting quotes for a towbar and they all say the bumper cut is 'invisible' but nobody has a picture.

Would like to see a piccie too.

Does anyone know if it's possible to source a Westfalia tow bar for the Skoda and where?

Thanks.

Would like to see a piccie too.

Does anyone know if it's possible to source a Westfalia tow bar for the Skoda and where?

Thanks.

Try www.pfjones.co.uk. They do Westfalia bars and wiring kits. You can also view fitting instructions.

• Like 1

It is the Westfalia non removeable towbar with the dedicated 13 pin westfalia wiring kit that i am currently in the process of fitting. I got the lot from pfjones.  PFJones were very helpful and delivered extremely quickly.  It is just a shame that the instructions in the kit are not so easy to follow.  Thanks for the pointers Pumatron, i had managed to get the wiring run in the car.  Now it is just a case of connecting it up.  If anyone knows how to get the fuse box unclipped i would be very grateful.

spitzie - when i am back out working on the car next in daylight i will get you a photo.  But the cutout is on the underside of the bumper, so nobody would see it unless they are lead on the floor.

• Like 1

I intend to fit a tow bar when the Octavia estate is delivered, and I have been looking at the various wiring kits available. However, I have noticed that some kits specifically exclude cars with LED rear lights, which I will have on the new car.

Does anyone know if this is a serious problem?