Back to the dealers :(

Neo_VR

Was washing my car earlier and noticed a paint defect on the A-pillar.. on closer inspection its almost like a rust-bubble UNDER the paint... the surface is not broken.

Back to the dealers it goes :(

Bugger!

(ill try to get some pictures but its too small for the camera to focus on)

Is it like a 1mm or less diameter dot of dark orange with another 1mm+ of some lighter orange surrounding it? If so, there will probably be more, and they might be iron particles (generally industrial fallout, i.e. factories or railways) on top of the paint which can be removed with a clay bar. Bilt Hamber is recommended widely by detailers because it just needs a constant supply of regular water. That should remove them with some elbow grease.

My new white Citigo had these over most of the bodywork :(

• Like 1

Well i took it back to the dealers today - they have looked at it and kinda agreed that its not right, however its up to SUK if it can be fixed under the paint/corrosion warranty because it "could" be a stone chip.. even though there is no evidence of the paint being broken.

They have taken photos and will contact me next week.

i also mentioned the clicky clutch rattly/squeally gearbox and the service guy said they have a Tech bulletin to say its "by design" and they cant do anything about it.