VRS Spoiler

HI

OK Stupid qustion coming up.. i carnt find a mk1 OEM VRS estate spoiler on this earth apart from skoda them selfs and there prices are made up im sure..lol So will a mk2 vrs estate spoiler fit?

thanks ste

Look on milotec website or superskoda

I have the no OEM ones and been to skoda they want £500 before i even paint it. my plan is to take tailgate off and take it to a bodyshop  and if they can get spoiler off

thanks ste

Is it for a vrs? Vrs's have a different tailgate to normal estates

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

yes it for a vrs. i have got a standard tailgate iv bought from a scrapyard witch is gona get painted but i need the spoiler from my vrs witch i  can not get off so i can put it on the standard one. and il have a new vrs tailgate.

Edited by skoda_ste

From what has been said in the past it was something to do with the brake light and the wiring, the vrs being fitted to the spoiler and not being internal as the standard one is. Could be totally wrong but I'm sure someone posted that there was 2 different part numbers for the tailgate

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

The brake light in the tailgate comes out by releasing a couple of clips from behind the trim leaving a hole through which the vRS spoiler with integral brakelight is attached (it is also bonded on with tigerseal or similar). I don't remember if I had to modify the wiring connector or not but if I did it was not difficult.

i was taken back abit by the price when i asked a dealer. 400+ vat for me with discount!

I asked on the off chance if was cheap, as mine has gone pink. I was going to get the new one strayed then swap it, so I wouldnt have to take the car into the body shop.

Iv taken it to a bodyshop £25 for them to take it off. i hope this is not true my old vrs tail gate was damaged as they are rare i thought this be the onley way round it buyong a standard tail gate and puting spoiler on and she a VRS  again lol

i was taken back abit by the price when i asked a dealer. 400+ vat for me with discount!

I asked on the off chance if was cheap, as mine has gone pink. I was going to get the new one strayed then swap it, so I wouldnt have to take the car into the body shop.

and because the no pigment in red turning it pink when the sun shines on it.