Vr6 fun baby ????????

yes it's possible, but the vr6 engine is old hat now, they all have biblical mileage on them now considering the last one that was made was circa 1997, it's a big heavy engine too, my money would go on a 2.0 16v abf engine from a mk3 golf gti instead, or even a v5 engine from a mk4golf/bora

• Like 2

There are a few engines for sale on the VR6OC forum, one is fully forged and ready for 600bhp+ turbo conversion too.  I would be tempted to AWD it too, I remember reading a thread on a forum about a guy who did such a thing with a VW Caddy pick up, here is a link to it on UKMKIV's

CADDY VR6

• Like 1

Just been reading some of the thread that you just posted, it is a huge thread! an evenings worth of reading at least!,  but.... Awe-inspiring.......That unassuming guy who built that caddy  is an engineering genius, who doesn't even realise it.....working.on his own,, in his spare time. Wow ....guys like him are what made Britain great

If you can't do at least some of the work yourself the awesome vr6 Felicia ^^^^^ will be the easiest and maybe cheapest option, not a pickup though. It would be interesting what sort of offer could take it...

Edited by ClarkE_123

Vr6 engines are two heavy your fun would be arse end happy... try gti lump from mk3 golf

I agree, get an ABF engine and then if you want to in the future this can be turbo'd too

• Like 1

Well vr6 it is then... It's all possible, are you any good with the mig welder?

a suggestion from me is to cut off the engine mounting pedestals from the golf subframe, dangle the engine and gearbox in the hole and offer them up to the fun subframe, try and get the engine over as far over to the drivers side as you can because you are more likely to find oem driveshafts the correct length this way. Also try and get the engine as far back in the engine bay as you can, the space between the steering rack and gearbox will be very limited too so the exhaust will be a 'interesting' fit.

the 02a gear linkage will fit in the oem felicia centre console housing with a few minor tweaks, but you will need to drill a large hole in the bulkhead to get the gearchange cables through with a hole saw, it's a double skinned panel!

it's possible to convert the vr6 gearbox to cable clutch operation using the clutch lever mechanism from a seat Ibiza with abf engine code but hydraulic operation is more desirable.

Is it possibly to fit the Golf front subframe and front struts too? This would improve the ability to manage the weight up front with the big heavy V6

I have seen this done with a MK3 complete front end fitted under a MK2 Golf.

I looked at doing that on mine James, it's hugely impractical to do it sadly, it has other implications to the steering and braking hardware which make it impractical. Kind of like solving one problem but creating 5 others..

The mk3 golf subframe is a direct bolt on fit in a mk2 because they are based on the same floor pan but the fun/felicia has little in common with any other vag group vehicle.

• Like 1

Just a quick looky and what about cut the golf midway up the pillars and sill same with with the fun marry the two up and hey presto mk3 golf vr6 pickup !!! ????????????ooooooshhhhhh

Anyone interested in a truckman top for there fun b4 it hits the e of bay ?????

What condition is the Truckman in and what's your price?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk