Bonnet problems !

Fixed one problem gained another !!

The bonnets been up and down a few times the past few weeks having work done so it's only natural the bloody locks started playing up !

I've have a nosey on here for pics on the bonnet latch and sorts but none show the back of the lock where the cable connects as I'm not sure if something's broke off on mine or if I'm just being stupid and not putting the cable back on right.

Any help ppl would be most appreicated :)

You're possibly looking in the wrong place...

I had a similar issue on mine - and it was down to the 'outer' part of the bonnet cable coming adrift from it's locating hole INSIDE the car, on the catch mechanism.

Have a look round the catch handle inside - make sure that the outer cable is inside its little locating hole. If you've got slack in the cable, then it can come out. Then you lose the tension in the cable required to unlock the bonnet, obviously.

HTH

Hi Ray

I think it's coz I've had the bonnet pull off and must of dislodged it pushing it backwards through the cable by mistake that's caused it . The problem ive got is I'm not sure how the cable connects to the bonnet latch and I've never actually changed one before . I've had the lock off today and it's working properly apart from no cable attached lol