Clutch slipping - gearbox leaking ...

Meier

Hi guys- 

The other day I was punishing the car a bit because I had to go thru some snow ...I took it on the free way and noticed that the clutch slipped in 5th ...

Tested it and yes clutched definately was fu¤%&  .... looked under the car ...and oil/fluid was leaking.... looking in the flywheel inspection hole ...seemed like things looked wet. 

Car is a 1999 -  1.6 AKL - box is a DUU which was replaced already once ( so should not be with the infamous rivets )

engine/clutch  was replaced with a brand new one a year ago ...so would like to keep car rolling..for a few more years  ... low on $$$

If car is in idle there is an noise...that vanish when clutch is engaged..

Any one got some suggestions??? the box/engine/transmission have for a while on/off made a clicking sound ..especially when engine braking -  so maby its box is dead...

CHEERS 

post-34822-0-90566900-1390845727_thumb.jpg

post-34822-0-84841200-1390845740_thumb.jpg

My guess would be that the oil leak is both your problems!

I mean that the gearbox probably has a main seal leak and this oil has contaminated your clutch pressure plate and causing it to slip as its contaminated with oil.

Sounds to me like you need a recon or second hand box and new clutch plate.

Sorry

Paddy