How to make the most of the 3 trips?

Just wondered what the best way to utilise the 3 trips on the Octavia is. I have only just picked my car up today and it had about 1/4 tank in it so I've not touched any of the trips. Ideally what I want the trips to do is:

Long term - as it sounds. Don't want to touch this until it gets to 9999 and I know it auto-resets.

Since refuel - I 99% likely fill up when near empty, so I'm assuming putting a full tank in will automatically reset this trip??

Short term - I'd like this to be literally every time I take the key out to reset, on its own. Is this possible? So I drive 15 mins down the road, do some shopping and getting back in. I want the short trip to then start from scratch again on its own.

Is this possible? Is this default settings? If I'm honest I couldn't figure out how to change between the trips but I've had a look at the manual and can see how to do so but I just want the above to be clarified.

Many thanks

Luke

Ok so ive managed to do a bit more reading. I've found out that the daily trip one (short term) is reset after 2 hours without driving and the others are controlled by either refuelling or by resetting or exceeding 9999 miles.

Right, long term will do just that unless you reset it.

Since refuel resets whenever you add fuel. NOT just a full tank.

Short term - I assume you mean "from start"? This resets after a period of two hours (I believe) after the ignition is turned off.

Hope this helps

I haven't quite seen it on the trips yet as I was overwhelmed by the rest of the car to actually dig the manual out or get time to come on the forums. I did assume that each trip provided the breakdown of measurements such as the mpg, speed etc. Thanks.

Right, long term will do just that unless you reset it.

Since refuel resets whenever you add fuel. NOT just a full tank.

Short term - I assume you mean "from start"? This resets after a period of two hours (I believe) after the ignition is turned off.

Hope this helps

It's over a certain amount of fuel afaik.

I added a fivers worth and it never reset.