Multiple phones - blue tooth

Me and the other half will both be connecting our phones to the Octavia via blue tooth. How does it work when we are both in the car? If I have paired my phone when my key is in the ignition and hers when her key is in the ignition will the car know this and provide pair priority depending on which key is used?

If not what are the work arounds?

Thanks

Not sure about the key priority but my wife's phone is the priority phone, I then need to press the phone button on the unit, then press on her phone on the screen, a list of paired phones then comes up and I select mine

Yeah the Bluetooth is pretty dumb to be honest. It will pair with multiple phones but isn't a true multiple device setup.

It will only connect with one phone at a time which is fine if you're on your own but causes confusion when you're both in the car.

You'll have to manually select which phone is to be used for calls and audio (can use a different one for each) or turn the Bluetooth off on one of the phones. It would have been better if it could handle 2 connections at once but unfortunelty it can't.

Luke,

You'll only ever need to pair them once. It's just that if the phones are in the car together you'll have to tell the system which one to use.

Say for example the mrs borrows (read takes) the car one day and the next you go and drop her somewhere and carry on your merry way depending on how it's set up it will have connected to her phone and despite it not being in the car when you've dropped her off it wouldn't go looking for yours. Until you turn the car off and on again.

Hope that makes some sort of sense!

But as vRS red said previously just change the handset to be used in the settings part of the phone function.