Skoda Engine Change How Many Hours?

Hello All

I am having to get a new engine for my 2007 1.9 TDI Octavia as the Conrod has put a hole in the engine.

The garage has told me that it will take 20 hours to change it. However, everywhere I look online says it takes 12 hours.

Who is right?

Hi Ian

I believe it will be a full engine. A few things will be needed to be taken off the old one but of what I understand it will only be the Turbo as everything else will be fitted.

I thought that VAG didn't do 'new' exchange engines only rebuilds. I suffered a mishap trying to escape the flooding in Boscastle in 2004 in a year old VW Bora TDI 150 and sucked water into air intake! I was lucky and got pulled/pushed out with no other damage. I claimed on my insurance and my insurer insisted on the original engine being rebuilt when VAG were only able to supply a rebuilt engine without a documented rebuild history. The engine when rebuilt seemed to be actually even better than before, smoother, more power and flexibility. My son-in-law had it after me and sold it last year with over 200K on the clock with engine still as good as 'new'. The rebuilding however took over 2 weeks not the typical 2 days for a straight engine swop.