K04 manifolds....

Hi,I am just looking for some manifolds for my car.I am going k04 so I need to know about the following manifold:http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDI-TT-225-S3-STAINLESS-RACE-MANIFOLD-version3-as-seen-on-TTOC-1-8L-QUATTRO-/200968593304?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ecaa95f98&vxp=mtr

Does anyone use them?Are they any good or my best option is a good OEM one????

Thanks for your answers!

kzns.jpg
a5tr.jpg
i8cd.jpg
1b3a.jpg
1bx9.jpg

I can tell you from experience mate, and im sure the lads will back me on this to...

I have learned that, there is no substitute for oem... buy ebay to save money end up having to buy oem later anyway!

Im interested in ko4 manifolds as im thinkin of upgrade later on

I'm running a ko4 with a JBS manifold, it's the closest to oem. Fits with no problems and no worrys about it cracking.

To much hassle with relentless, the flange is never straight (all ways need trimming down), then there's getting it in! Plus u need a lot of heat shield around, they tend to melt every thing lol

A lot of work but they do give good gains for the price ;)

I think there's a mk4 relentless now (revamped)

post-48027-0-46287700-1391274000_thumb.jpg

post-48027-0-62224400-1391274039_thumb.jpg

Spk to bill at badger 5 ;-) he will tell ya loads of issues

Had mine 2yrs, no issues here. I just think if ur going to give advice back it up with info, bla bla said so lol. Tbf Bill does know his stuff thou. Doesn't he sell ported k04 manis that are jbs copies thou?

Brought a relentless mani, fitted straight on/no leaks or nothing melted - Said know one.

That's if u attempt to port one, obviously they can't can't be ported due to them being hollow. But that was a k03 and it could of been a early version or something, I don't know.

a jbs k04 oem look mani is better than a stock oem mani end of. And his question was based on buying a stock or upgraded mani not what's the best mani to port. If it was my money I would buy a good/not cracked stock mani and get it ported. But just because it (jbs k04) can't be made any better (ported), doesn't mean it's "crap" compared to oem.

Opinion based on something read on Facebook lol

• 3 months later...