New Fuel will kill our fuel economy - and we have no choice to use it.

MikeW

The forum won't let me link, but just been reading about the new e10 fuel which is being phased in "soon",

"What Car" have conducting tests and emissions and fuel economy are worst affected on small engined cars.

Up to 10% worse in some cases apparently.

I understand that at this time there are no plans to replace standard fuel with E10. But it is planned to offer it as an option. It would have to be cheap and I can't see that the government would want to create a huge differential. I understand that it has not been a success in Germany.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-e10-fuel-could-reduce-cars-economy-10-cent

• Like 1

I have read the same, but I was under the impression that that bio-ethanol gave more power in performance cars (I have a vRS as well as the citigo) any news on that?!

worst I think is for the people with older cars, where it will rot and destroy their fuel systems!

• Like 2