2 litre tuning box

I've tried a PSI tuning box; resulted in lumpy tickover and engine light coming on. Tried the box in all positions and with Performance filter as recommended. Car great to drive for about 20 minutes until light and tickover problems occured. This was the second box supplied. As soon as the box was removed the tickover was fine and after 50 on-off cycles of the ignition key the light was out as well. Have lent the box to a friend to try on his 2.0 pd VW; though I suspect he will get same probs.

I've tried a PSI tuning box; resulted in lumpy tickover and engine light coming on. Tried the box in all positions and with Performance filter as recommended. Car great to drive for about 20 minutes until light and tickover problems occured. This was the second box supplied. As soon as the box was removed the tickover was fine and after 50 on-off cycles of the ignition key the light was out as well. Have lent the box to a friend to try on his 2.0 pd VW; though I suspect he will get same probs.

cheers, youve put me right off now :rofl:

these are a very complex engine an I cannot ever see this type of unit giving very good results. We used to see loads of problems on the earlier models :(

We do a C-C re-map, this gives 180-185 bhp and smooths out the standard dip in power in the mid range

Go to JabbaSport: there's a Group Buy going on at the moment, which gives a 10% discount.......

will be doing that soon. Got loads of work to do on my house so funds will not allow remaps at the mo :thumbdwn: For some reason swmbo thinks kitchens and bathrooms are more important than cars :confused: i just dont understand women.

Thanks for the update Nick, i wont be going for a tuning box, sorry your the one who had to find out they were no good for this engine. Thanks for taking the time to report.

I will have a go at a remap in the future when funds allow. I just hear bad news about remaping the 2 litre, dealers told me they tried three times on three different demo cars and all had problems, one ended up with a fried ecu :eek: Im waiting for someone to say "Ive had it done and its great".

Jaba say they have the goods but im still a little worried cos if it goes tits up theres no going crying to the dealers with a warranty claim for a new ecu, and if the tuning company dont help out your stuffed. Im just a worry warden.

Wish it was as easy as the 1.9.

Thanks for the update Nick' date=' i wont be going for a tuning box, sorry your the one who had to find out they were no good for this engine. Thanks for taking the time to report.

I will have a go at a remap in the future when funds allow. I just hear bad news about remaping the 2 litre, dealers told me they tried three times on three different demo cars and all had problems, one ended up with a fried ecu :eek: Im waiting for someone to say "Ive had it done and its great".

Jaba say they have the goods but im still a little worried cos if it goes tits up theres no going crying to the dealers with a warranty claim for a new ecu, and if the tuning company dont help out your stuffed. Im just a worry warden.

Wish it was as easy as the 1.9.[/quote']Jabba offer a no questions refund and return to normal tune if not entirely satisfied, so no worries there.........

Thanks for the update Nick' date=' i wont be going for a tuning box, sorry your the one who had to find out they were no good for this engine. Thanks for taking the time to report.

Wish it was as easy as the 1.9.[/quote']

Good luck with the remap Chris. I'm sure you'll get a better result than with a module, but I was reluctant to get a professional remap because (1) it is more expensive; (2) it is irreversible; (3) There are warranty issues with a new car. My recent experiences suggest that maybe the 2.0 TDI is already set up optimally for 'driveability' - although clearly it is possible for the manufacturer to remap this engine to comfortably produce 170 bhp, hopefully with a decent 'feel' to it, rather than the 'off-on' characteristic of the tuning module. I look forward to hearing your experiences with Jabba ...