Who's fitted the PSB poly bushes for the front, rear wishbone?

Dann2707

Just put an order in for some and was wondering how many people have actually fitted them to their car?

Seems like such a bargain too but not heard that much on here!

Link is here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171221049518?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Come to think of it, probably should have made this thread before ordering oops haha.

Will keep this thread updated with my findings after fitting them though :)

• Like 1

Someone commented the other day saying they've just fitted some. Can't remember who though!

'Twas me :rofl:

They are still fine :thumbup:

• Like 1

If you have any trouble getting the old console bushes out, what I did was to heat up the console housing with a blow torch until the plastic on the old bush started to go soft and then they just popped out with a screwdriver  :) Don't fit your new bushes until the metal has cooled down though :giggle:

Ace, thanks.

Did you use the special tool to fit the new ones in? You mentioned about using a hammer but how did you ensure they went in straight?

Nah, they push in really easily. I only needed to tap them in the last little bit. They went in lovely and straight. You will love how easy they are to fit.

Was going to cut mine out with a hacksaw. Might be a silly question but wich way do they sit in there, is the shoulder at the front or rear on these?

I found it a bit tight to get a hacksaw in, but cool if you can manage it.

Yea I have some on the rally car, easy to fit just clean the corrosion out of the inside of the console and push them in, mine took a gentle tap with a block of wood and a hammer.

have to say they seem much harder than the usual audi solid ones we fit at work and they might transmit a bit more vibration than usual but can't notice it in mine lol.

I think the test will be to see if they wear over time and mileage as they are 2 piece bushes.

I think that would of been the last straw if I hacked away at my bumper in the house lol. All my mess is out and my mother had it back for about a month and was very happy, now my brother has take over it with push bikes and a rabbit :D

• Like 1

have to say they seem much harder than the usual audi solid ones we fit at work and they might transmit a bit more vibration than usual but can't notice it in mine lol.

I've noticed they transmit a slight bit more vibration but my car is just a bog-standard Fabia MPI and it still feels fine with them on.

Edited by TMB
  • Like 1

I unfortunately fitted them and after enduring the unbearable vibrations and continual harrassment from my wife, I removed them and fitted the Meile bushes, far superior giving a much more quiet and pleasant ride for family motoring.

DB.

• Like 1

I unfortunately fitted them and after enduring the unbearable vibrations and continual harrassment from my wife, I removed them and fitted the Meile bushes, far superior giving a much more quiet and pleasant ride for family motoring.

DB.

I saw another thread where you said you'd fitted Powerflex console bushes and couldn't stand the vibration. These are not Powerflex bushes, they are PSB bushes. I think they may be a little softer than the powerflex ones.

fitted mine the other day took 10mins each side while fitted new bottom arms

easy fitment i also packed mine with lithium based grease before i fitted them

so far so good nice a tight handling no extra cabin noise