Skoda Octavia Scout Mk III

I posted it here as I thought it would be useful for Octy Scout MkII owners (like myself!) to have a look at if they are thinking of upgrading.

Feel free to move it.

Fin

Oh no, not another set of polished alloys. When will Skoda learn!

I guess that while many people will buy a Scout because (like you and me) they want a solid, reliable, spacious, versatile, economical, comfortable and good-value workhorse, some poseurs will buy it because they want a "Look at me I've got a 4x4!" car with loads bling, but can't afford a Range Rover.  The big shiny wheels are for them - it will help Skoda to sell to even more cars. 

I like it, and the fact the towing weight has gone up is a big plus for me, as our current Scout is a bit borderline for towing our caravan. It'll be interesting to see how much this new Scout is, though, as I can't see if being cheap. If Skoda aren't careful they could price it out of the market when you look at some of it's direct rivals.

• 1 month later...

I'm definitely not getting this version. I don't like the looks of new Octy, boxy and last decade look.

I bet the facelift will come in 3y, no one likes it, even dealers are not happy with the take up of new Octy model, they are selling FL Superbs more then Octy.

Saw a Passat Alltrack in the showroom, very nice, thought just FL of old Passat.

So you think new Octy is being build full power in Skoda factory? Not really. Rapid has taken priority.

Anyone in Europe gets a Skoda for 8-10 weeks. Only the UK ones are 3-4 months. I know I ordered my Scout about same time with a guy here, mine came for 10 weeks (with all extras), his came after 18 weeks, as they are mostly bare bones no extras on them, so not much money for Skoda, add to it the exchange rate Pound-Euro losses, you get the picture, add the VW pressure on Skoda to not offer all the equipment to UK market, and it gets even worst.

Don't be more catholic then the Pope, defending Skoda, get your facts first ;)

Skoda MK3 sucks, period. Lets hope the FL comes fast.

Hahah, thats why I said it here  :bandit:

Of course, I don't like it how it looks, technology/driving etc. is fine, so sorry if I offended any one :think: