Mileage record with CV joints

oh_superb

Mine have done 122000 miles and still seemingly fine.

What is the life expectancy on OEM quality joints?

I seem to recall some people changing them more regularly, but perhaps the V6 engine helps them last longer due to smoother torque delivery?

BTW, I changed the CV boots at 74000 miles as both had split with GKN branded ones, they are now slightly cracked but still no leaks. The reason I am asking about the CV joints is it might be wise to change them once these boots fail… or just carry on?

Change my CV joint boots when they started showing signs of cracking probably about 80,000 miles ago, I used the stretchy type ones and just put loads of horrible black grease in them. Car now on 215K and everything seems fine, no noises of any kind. Total cost about £15 - £20! Car is the bullet proof 1.9 AWX of course.

Change my CV joint boots when they started showing signs of cracking probably about 80,000 miles ago, I used the stretchy type ones and just put loads of horrible black grease in them. Car now on 215K and everything seems fine, no noises of any kind. Total cost about £15 - £20! Car is the bullet proof 1.9 AWX of course.

When you say stretchy type what do you mean?

Are they a generic type  for most cars or specific to Superb?

How would I order such items?