Fiat to Skoda.....an easy transition!

onebdi

Hi, I part exd my Fiat Stilo estate for a 55 plate Octavi 4x4 1.9 tdi estate. This was a good move! The day after I acquired it, I took the Skoda, who my wife has named, Sergei, to Scotland for a fortnight. I can honestly say, I have never owned such a fantastic car. I love it. Comfortable, fast, economical and roomy. I chose it simply because every taxi I see is a Skoda, and every driver I talked to said, Buy one. My other car is a 24 year old Toyota Lucida, which is kind of a cross between a tank and a mattress, but it keeps passing it's MOT so I keep driving it. I look forward to asking stupid questions in the near future and not being able to work out the bleeding obvious.

The Fiat was a pain right from the outset and everything, and I mean everything, was almost impossibly difficult to fix. (It's the only car I've ever owned that needed the front wheel removing to replace the headlight bulb) The only thing in it's favour was the fact that, on the rare occasions that it wasn't being fixed, it was amazingly fast and fun to drive.

I play the bagpipes and keep rescue Greyhounds, not that anybody's interested, and I just got made redundant, so I'm presently working for a tree surgeon, which is fun but it's only a matter of time before I cut something off by accident.

Pleased to be here.