Parking sensor help please

Hi my superb 2004 has rear parking sensors and they aren't working. One day they just made that constant fault beep after the first initial beep. I have listened to the sensors and they are definitely working but the fault is somewhere else. Any ideas would be helpful. The problem is intermittent but works less times than it doesn't work.

Thanks in advanced

When I had mine fixed under warranty I still couldn't hear them doing anything - when I knew they were functioning correctly.  The garage told me that the wiring loom and plugs at the sensors can suffer from the water and muck they get sprayed with.

I gave up and replaced them with a set of ebay which was £12 for the lot.  No faults at all now and very easy to do.

My advice would be to give up and replace the lot.  It's very easy to do and is so much cheaper than farting around with the OEM bits.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/240366-parking-sensor-failure-oh-for-goodness-sake-the-oem-undertray-epilogue/

Gaz

NB: not really a 'Forum Issue' - more for the Superb Mk1 arena