Centre Parcs

carly2237

I need a holiday. Cant be bothered to go abroad so was looking for somewhere in the UK and thought about one of these CentreParcs places (the one in the lake district). Has anyone been to one of these and was it any good (plenty to do/cost etc). Cheers. :)

It's a long time since I've been to one of these places but I seem to remember that not many of the activities are included so there's a lot of extra costs once you get there if you want to do anything beyond walking and swimming.

I think the original idea was that you could have a good holiday irrespective of the weather. Not sure that still applies (indoor/outdoor).

My neighbours had a good time earlier this summer, but not cheaply and they were lucky with weather. I guess as said, find out what you're paying for and how much it will cost. Then you can enjoy a happy holiday :)

Regards

Mo

Just come back from a mini-break in pembrokeshire. very peaceful and lots to do - we had a log cabin in a camp site and was lovely.

Worth some research I'd say...

Try anywhere near Haverfordwest. We were in Saundersfoot, but used to go to Angle as a kid - some awesome beaches etc

yes mate went to the one in the lakes. plenty to do and nice and relaxing. take a torch though, (no im bein serious) very dark at night with it being in a forest and the paths are poorly lit.

I need a holiday. Cant be bothered to go abroad so was looking for somewhere in the UK and thought about one of these CentreParcs places (the one in the lake district). Has anyone been to one of these and was it any good (plenty to do/cost etc). Cheers. :)

Went to Elveden forest (much) earlier in the year and stayed in the lakeside hotel don't you know!!.

My Thoughts:

1. Great if you have kids

2. Plenty to do but all activities will all cost you money

3. Lots of choice for places to eat on site however a bit on the pricey side (if you're not self catering)

4. Would I go again? Not without kids

HTH

Went to the one near cambridge last year. Loved it, spent all day swimming and doing sport, then all night drinking.

Was top want to go again soon

I went mid week, I have no kids and there were hardly any there. I enjoyed the sports and I thought that the activities were all a fair price. You certainly dont need to go with kids, we were off playing golf, squash etc

I've just worked out that my trip to Centre Parcs was in 1987!

Where the hell is my life going? I distinctly remember carrying my niece across the car park.

Said niece is now 21, nearly 6ft tall, and currently hiking up the Machhu Pichu trail!

Phil

Cheers all. I think I'll get myself away next month for a couple of days when the kids have gone back to school (not mine I hasten to add but everyone elses as I fancy a nice relaxing break) ..... although by the sounds of things my wallet may take a bit of a beating when I get there.