On the road with Skoda Superb Combi FL

LS108

Hi. Congratulations to your new car!

I'm having my delivered in the second week of January (hopefully) ....waiting and reading lots about the Superb=)

What does "FL" stand for?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

What does "FL" stand for?

FL is an abbreviation on here for the 'facelift' model. This is the updated model from 2013 onwards.

Good luck with the new car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FL is an abbreviation on here for the 'facelift' model. This is the updated model from 2013 onwards.

Good luck with the new car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohh, I see=)

It goes without saying when he got the car delivered one day before post. I just got confused=p

Thanks for explaining dough

Well, sometimes it is a mess with all those car models - some are considered 'new' model, some just Face Lift (or 'Renewed' as automakers call them). Some have two or more facelifts in a row (Volvo V70 for example). 

• 1 month later...

Yesterday the car was standing for 4 hours (-8C or so), then I got in it without webasto pre-heating, started the engine and while rolling in 1st gear and doing right turn into main road pushed the pedal to the floor (it was snowy - so wanted to drift a bit). And nothing happened, revs were not growing - feels like some systems interviened and prevented the car from revving. I might be traction control, but it was never like that when setting of on even more slippery roads or going sideways into corners. Maybe it was related with the fact that engine was cold. As soon as I released gas pedal and pressed it normally - everything went back to normal. 

Any ideas? :)

PS. I can confirm, that KESSY wasn't working perfeclty in cold air conditions. It is rather cold now (-10 in the morning, -8 daytime) and I can lock the car only touching the sensor without gloves. It opens ok with gloves. 

Edited by LS108

Finally did proper test of AWD system. Spend about an hour with traction control of (stability control cannot be disabled, at least legally). 

In the corners it is possible to go sideways if you apply more power, then front wheels starts to understeer then even more power - and it all goes to rear weels. 

In traffic lights when setting of with full power - rear end slides a bit, but nothing dramatic. Otherwise it goes straight line in almost all situations. Of course braking is another story :D

XLpJKPq.jpg

• 2 months later...

So...one year out of 3 has passed. 32.000 km and no issues whatsoever :)

It's a pity that there was no winter this year, no had only two or three days on snowy roads. But webasto heater was still very useful - now I cannot imagine having car without it :)

The only thing I am not sure whether I like it or hate it - DSG. It is fast, smooth and so far reliable. But it chooses the gears I would not choose myself when cruising at 50-70km/h. I understand idea of emissions and fuel economy, so I do not complain much :)

What I've liked most is handling. Comming from V70 with lifeless steering - I enjoy every corner so much. 4x4 ads needed grip and some weight balance to it. The steering is very informative as well.

For those who interested - fuel economy 7.2L/100km winter 7,7L/100 km summer. 

• Like 1