Rear wiper motor doesn't sprinkle washer fluid anymore

naga

Hi all,

I have 02 Fabia Elegance which is in great condition except for a couple of niggles. One of those being the rear wiper motor. It rotates the wiper blade alright, but doesn't sprinkle the water any more. I can even hear it trying to pump fluid, but then nothing comes out.

I suspect its either an unplugged pipe somewhere or clogged up water outlet (water in Swindon has a lot of calcium in it). 

Please can you tell me how I can debug this issue? Where can I check for the pipe that feeds rear wiper?

If you think its clogged outlet, how can I remove the boot's plastic casing - I have tried, but I couldn't find a single screw to open it up.

Thanks,

Naga

When you spray your rear wiper and you can hear it working, have you spotted a puddle underneath the car? If yes then the pipe has either come off or has a hole in it.

Thanks for your response. Tried that as well... flipped the cap open, removed the nozzle as showed in this page - http://goo.gl/X7O52X

Poked the nozzle with needle and even tried to operate the wiper without the nozzle (the motor must have flushed out water at this point) but it didn't really help.

Edited by naga

Are you "sure" its not dribbling out somewhere under the car?  Give it a long squirt whilst peering under the car.  The usual spot the hose pops of is where it goes into the bulkhead sort of behind the glovebox.  You can usually see it dribbling on the floor behind the N/S/F wheel though.

The other place to check is at the actual pump itself - yank off boot cover and take a look and see if damp in the spare wheel well.

Hi ya,

Thanks for highlighting the dribbling. Yes, I can confirm that there is  leak somewhere under the bonet. Not sure if it is because of a plugged off pipe from a hose or a broken pipe. I have asked a friend of mine to check the leak while I operate. Will update the page tomorrow about the outcome.

Where do you think the pipes originate from?