FL Elegance, inserts, seat and DAB option queries

sipart

Hi first time poster, just a bit of friendly advice from those in the know....

Looking at ordering a Yeti as  company car (1.6TDI Greenline Elegance, standard black interior) and have a few queries on options as brochure is not clear on a few points and also after owners personal opinions on a couple of other things:

1.) The standard inserts seem to be a bronze colour which seems to have split opinion here (page 21 of brochure seems to show silver/brushed steel?), personally I don't like the look of them in bronze so was looking at the wood effect options. Whats the difference between the Boreal wood and the L&K wood - no real side by side comparison and the interior pic on page 27 where wood inserts exist don't say what inserts they are (page 29 is obviously L&K wood)? 

2.) Amundsen DAB/NAV - was looking at this as an option to get DAB but Amundsen has a AUX jack socket on the front (I use my AUX jack in my Octavia all the time but it's in the armrest cubby) - have seen the AUX jack in the cubby on the new FL Yeti - but does this still exist as well if you have the Amundsen and does it work? Don't what to have a wire dangling from the front of the stereo.

3.) Elegance leather - was looking at the free switch to the leather/suede mix (antelope black alcantera leather) as never had leather and not sure on the cold feel in winter and hot feel in summer (I know as a driver I will have heated seat for winter but thinking of everyone else in the family).

Thanks in advance

Edited by sipart

The Boreal wood to me look nothing like wood The L&K glossy black look nice but they are marked with the Laur + Klem emblem so wont match the other trim models.

My current Yeti has an Amundsen Aux socket on the front it and not in the armrest cubby.

I was advised against the suede Alcantera as like any suede it rubs smooth, I don't no how true this may be but I am going for black leather again, they soon warm up in winter and with Climatronic not too hot in summer.

• Like 1

Hi cant help on some of your question but I like the suede Alcantera on seats I had it on a Passat v6 4 motion a few years ago and it was only once in got past 100000 miles that the suede Alcantera started to look a bit worn.

• Like 1

never had leather and not sure on the cold feel in winter and hot feel in summer

The Elegance black leather is not nearly as bad in summer as old-style (1970s) vinyl seats which could cause minor burns after the car had been sat in the sun for a while!  Leather is supposed to breathe a bit, anyway.  I've been quite comfortable on my leather seat in hot weather (as RickT says, the climate control definitely helps).

• Like 1

Wow, wish we had a 'Reef' pack available here! That would be perfect.

Do you have these fitted Consol, if you have your Yeti yet? Some part numbers would be great!

Hi! Picked up my Yeti 2 weeks ago :-)

Outdoor FL Elegance 4x4 DSG

Metal Grey 

The dark grey insert was part of the Reef package.

Sorry about the bad quality of the pictures.

Techno interior

Techno interior, close-up

Hi consol, thanks for the reply. You can't get that option in the UK but notice from your pictures that you have the amundsen dab/nav stereo with aux jack socket in the front of it? Do you have an additional aux in the armrest cubby (and if so does it work?). Cheers

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

Ours arrived at the dealer with the "Champagne" (aka floodwater-brown) trim around the dash.

After the faces we pulled at it, they're replacing it with brushed silver from the SE model instead.

Ours is also fitted with alcantara upholstery.

I have had it on various other cars and never had an issue with it.

Edited by 137699

Ours arrived at the dealer with the "Champagne" (aka floodwater-brown) trim around the dash.

After the faces we pulled at it, they're replacing it with brushed silver from the SE model instead.

Ours is also fitted with alcantara upholstery.

I have had it on various other cars and never had an issue with it.

Love the term "Floodwater Brown".

I bet this colour will be dropped soon - what on earth was Skoda thinking of in the first place. Does anybody like it?

Is the dealer replacing trim FOC? -  if so, other unhappy FL Elegance owners take note.

• Like 1

I think the Floodwater Brown trim would match nicely with the L&K brown-leather interior.

Yes ours being replaced FOC- well actually being swapped onto a used SE model that's on their forecourt.

Some "lucky" buyer of that SE will get "Elegance upgrade" interior trim!

The DAB Amundsen have the AUX in front.
The MDI is in the small compartment in front the gear-stick.

Actually a really bad place, considering the MDI cable is very short, and the size og mobile phones today..

No MDI connector in the armrest-storage room.

Anyone who have made a solution by themselves for this, that looks good (invisible :-)  ?

• Like 1

I did think about this MDI issue. Annoying it's not located in the glovebox or armrest, like other models.

Depends what you want to connect, but if its USB-based, you could run a USB extension to somewhere more convenient

Thanks consol for the feedback. I wouldn't use the MDI as I want to connect an android phone (although I see on eBay you can get MDI to 3.5mm adapters) and have a cradle in my Octavia that fits in the 12v/cigarette lighter socket. So want to have an easily routed cable from the phone to the 3.5 jack (and the yeti will be a company car so can't start hacking the interior). Think I will stick with the standard stereo, dab would be nice but not essential. Cheers

Edited by sipart

Love the term "Floodwater Brown".

I bet this colour will be dropped soon - what on earth was Skoda thinking of in the first place. Does anybody like it?

Is the dealer replacing trim FOC? -  if so, other unhappy FL Elegance owners take note.

I think it looks good with the Gobi Sand Leather which is rather more grey than sand coloured. It acts as a good interface between the black dashboard and the sand coloured lower dash. Better than silver I think.

• Like 1

The DAB Amundsen have the AUX in front.

The MDI is in the small compartment in front the gear-stick.

Actually a really bad place, considering the MDI cable is very short, and the size og mobile phones today..

No MDI connector in the armrest-storage room.

Anyone who have made a solution by themselves for this, that looks good (invisible :-)  ?

Like this?

2014-02-01%2012.06.14.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, picked up my FL last week. Jungle Green paint is lovely as are the Alcantera black seats. My dash inserts are almost the same colour as my Jungle Green paint and together with the new steering wheel makes the whole interior much classier than my last Yeti. I too was worried about the flood water brown. Gone from 140 to 170 and though it doesn't feel much quicker, the slightly taller gearing and extra torque make for a more effortless drive. The gear shift is nicer, the brakes more powerful, the engine quieter and it's just a really nice drive. Down sides, there are a couple of trim squeaks and a wind whistle.

Extras I'd like on the Elegance are, DAB radio and speed limiter not just warning.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just thought I'd post my useless tweets to @skodauk, they did tweet back after the initial chase (2 days after me chasing them) then nothing. Do not think they realise the immediacy and effectiveness of twitter to communicate with customers!

I've emailed Skoda customer services with the questions still outstanding after the kind folk here answered most of my queries.

Cheers

gevemuma.jpg

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

The dark grey carbon look dashbord panel is now available from Superskoda.
The pattern is very small, looking more like dark grey with a hint of metal.

Edited by Consol

• 4 weeks later...