Problem syncing Outlook calendar entries to Blackberry Playbook

Clunkclick

I have had a Hotmail.Com account for the last 15 years.

At present, I am using the Outlook 2010 Calendar on my Desktop to record events. This works fine accessing the Hotmail account via Outlook Hotmail connector for both reading and writing. However, I am having and have had problems syncing entries with my Blackberry Playbook.

In the past, when running Windows 7 on the Desktop, the sync only used to work one way, from the Playbook to the Desktop, so that entries made in the Outlook calendar, although they appeared in the Hotmail calendar on the web, never reached the Playbook calendar, although all entries made in the Playbook Calendar found their way onto the Outlook calendar.

I can't remember, some time in the recent past, (After installing windows 7)  an Outlook.Com account was created for me (either automatically or on my request) using my existing Hotmail. Com address.

This, on its own, had no effect on the Playbook calendar situation but, since updating the desktop to Windows 8.1, I now find that the sync from Outlook to Playbook of calendar entries is working but in an odd way. I've got the Playbook set-up to automatically sync with the Hotmail account once a day but this can be overridden by manual syncing by touching  the Playbook "sync"  drop-down button on the Playbook calendar screen. What I'm finding is that if I put an entry in Outlook  Calendar and then touch the Playbook sync button, it makes to sync, but no new entry arrives in the Playbook. Touching the sync button multiple times after that doesn't help. However, if I close down Outlook 2010 on the desktop and then re-open it, the new entry is immediately, without any further action by me, sync'd to the Playbook.

What I've also found is that, it appears that my Hotmail Calendar  (Accessed on through the web portal) is not being updated  Correction, it is updating but with a stonking great delay (About 20 minutes) for Outlook to Playbook transmission when I close down and restart Outlook 2010, but that the Outlook.Com calendar (Again accessed through its web portal, but using my Hotmail address) and the Playbook calendar are being updated immediately.

The Playbook is set to access the Hotmail server dub404-m.hotmail.com.

How the hell is this happening ?????????

Is there any way of fixing this ?

P.S. Although it might provide a full blown fix, I don't want to switch over to an Outlook.Com e-mail address in the immediate future - although I might do if there's evidence that the aliase system works - I've got too many old contacts (Outwith my Outlook contacts list) set-up with the old Hotmail account to want to go through all of them now to change the e-mail address.

Postscript

I'm also finding that I cannot delete Calendar entries on the Playbook, Hotmail.com or Outlook.com by deleting the entry in Outlook 2010 on my Desktop. It needs separate action.

Postscript 2

If I go into the web calendar through the Outlook.com portal (Still using my Hotmail sign-on) I can delete the Calendar entry on there and that action is immediately duplicated in the web based Hotmail account and on the Playbook calendar , Huh ? Interestingly, immediately after sign-in to the web based Calendars (Outlook or Hotmail) both show the same server being used (Dub121) and the same URL, but on input of a new calendar entry, the Hotmail calendar isn't being updated for at least 20 minutes after the Outllook calendar (I've had both open simultaneously as two separate windows), but on entry removal its instantaneous on all three.

Is this happening because I haven't got some part of the Active sync software - e.g. a part that comes separately with Office 2013 ?

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick