Anyone know the part number for central locking motor?

slicendice

My gf has a 2007 vRS LE and it appears it needs a new central locking motor on the drivers door. The quote from the garage for the part sounded quite high so I was going to see if I could find one cheaper. Can anyone help me out with a part number so I can try and track one down?

Thanks...

If u don't mind me asking wot wet wrong with the drivers door lock as my one u lock it the 3 other doors lock and the driver door unlocks again but if I use the key and hold it in the lock Position and remove the key it will stay locked

I hope u don't mind me write on your thread matey

If u don't mind me asking wot wet wrong with the drivers door lock as my one u lock it the 3 other doors lock and the driver door unlocks again but if I use the key and hold it in the lock Position and remove the key it will stay locked

I hope u don't mind me write on your thread matey

No probs...it's what threads are for ;)

The prob initially was that the drivers door sometimes wouldn't unlock when the remote was pressed (although the other three worked OK) - had to press it a few times to make it happen. Then it stopped working altogether with the remote and now it has to be done manually with the key in the lock. TBH I am trusting the garage a bit here as they took a look and said that it was the central locking motor on the driver's door that had gone wrong and needed changing. As I managed to find one cheapish on eBay (and a lot cheaper than the £130 Skoda quoted me!) I'm willing to take a punt. The downside is that I believe the door has to be pretty much dismantled in order to swap it out, so it's fairly labour intensive (i.e. £££) so I'm hoping it sorts the prob. Fingers crossed....!

Edited by slicendice