Oil grade after service

Hey!

My 2013 fabia se 1.2HTP has just been in for its first year service (its done 7777 miles) and i forgot to ask about the grade of oil they plan to put in.

I asked afterwards and he said its the vw 502 grade, as its on fixed servicing. Should i of asked for the 504?

Also, i have a 1L castrol 504 bottle that i use for topping up (hardly uses any mind), mixing the two wont do any harm will it?

Cheers in advance

Cheers. I thought that.

Then i thought, loads of people must use 5w 40 (or whatever is it, cant remember now haha) and use differeny makes n stuff. Cant do any harm surely?

Do people usually ask for the 504 even if its on fixed servicing? Its better quality isnt it?

Cheers

Mines 5w 30 504 i think. Yeah different makes shouldnt make a difference. I use castrol edge there is no need to use an oil that expensive but it makes me happier knowing ive got that stuff in the engine.

I use castrol edge too. Its what came with thr car and it hardly uses any, so should last a while aha.

Iv no idea what theyve put in the car though other than its 502

Edited by Otaylor38

This is interesting; garage now put 5W40 in mine, previously 5W30.  Skoda say 5W30 and Castrol says 5W40.

I have 5W30 Castrol Edge for topping up, so my vRS will get a cocktail.

Tony

My vRs is going to get an oil and filter change by me,this very evening, as an interim 5000 mile change for my peace of mind (in addition to the annual dealership ones)

I'm putting in 5/40,it's run on 5/30 up until now,so it will be interesting to note whether the oil usage changes.

• Like 1