SE to Elegance Greentech

Stu308

Well, had my SE for about a year and 4 months and its been great. Got asked to go into Skoda to trade for new SE for lower payments but ended up with an Elegance greentech for the same as I was paying for SE. I also got spare wheel and sound pack, gap insurance and free servicing.

I was there grinding a deal for about 2 hours and eventually got what I thought was a really good deal.

Really looking forward to getting elegance as enjoyed SE.

Delivery date is May but who knows, may come before then.

• Like 2

Nice one Stu

You must love the Citigo to get another, and its great that the payments are the same for a higher spec :)

Thanks Damo, was very happy with SE , but they phoned me to invite me in to get new one so thought what the hell, I would go and see what they say. Ended up with greentech with extras for same price so gotta be a winner. took a while to get the price right but worth it I think.

When I first walked into the showroom I first clapped eyes on an SE, and liked it. I then wanted the SE seats but the Elegance spec, no can do they told me, you get what's given or offered on each model.

I rather liked the contrast on the upholstery in the SE rather than the bland black/greyish or the other option ivory that came with the Elegance. I've not been back in to see the lastest offerings, I might spend some more money

Had a similar deal swapping the year old Citigo Elegance ASG 75 for a new Elegance Greentech 75 Manual with Style 2 and Convenience packages.

Would not have done the deal with normal finance but with the zero percent PCP  over three years it is a goer and releases capital from the original car.

Have been given a build week of week 12 and delivery in early April.  

Always preferred the manual but bought ASG due to wife being disabled but she cannot now drive the ASG so took this opportunity to get the Manual Greentech.

Looked at other makes but in my opinion the Citigo is still the best. :happy:

Mike.

Where/when do you get build weeks? And is there a way of tracking your build?

Hello Stu,

Build week information came from dealer after the order was accepted. Not sure if it is possible to get access to the Skoda System Order Information, probably not.

The dealer can track the order and should be able to keep you informed of any delay or advancement of the order. Once the vehicle is in build there could be delays in transport to UK and delivery to the dealer depending on shipping schedules. The dealer will be able to track the delivery and give a time for PDI and the date the vehicle will be ready for collection.

Regards,

Mike 

• 1 month later...

Citigo was built in week 12 (w/c 17/03/14) confirmed by dealer.

Arrived in UK by 02/04/14 and at dealers on 04/04/14. Being PDI'd and ready for me to pick up on 08/04/14.

Very pleased with the schedule, from order on 02/03/14 to delivery on 08/04/14, total 6 weeks for a factory build.

No complaints with that.

Mike.

Not heard anything positive at all about my build yet. Ordered around 2nd March, just get emails from dealer saying "not heard anything about your car yet" .

Probably lost order in post !!  :sweat:

Not heard anything positive at all about my build yet. Ordered around 2nd March, just get emails from dealer saying "not heard anything about your car yet" .

Probably lost order in post !!  :sweat:

Some dealers work like that, I know mine did. Overall I was happy with my deal, from order to delivery they said it would around 12 weeks. It was more or less bang on 12 weeks although I chose to extend it an extra week, it was more convenient for me to pick up.

I rang after around 8 weeks to see how things were going but all I got was, it's all fine no problems, not much to tell really. On around 10-11 weeks I got a call to say it's being shipped and I need to pick a registration plate soon. After that it was to say it's ready and arrange a date for pick up.

So no fuss, a good deal and so far an all round an excellent buy and it's been a reliable car, apart from my windscreen cracking this week, but that can happen to any car.

Edited by MickA

Cheers Mick, maybe it does'nt show on the super computer until Skoda say so?

Still have my SE so not really mithered just yet.............................................................

They will soon let you know when it's landed in the UK, they want it PDI, paid for and out there way, I was given up to 10 days to arrange a pick up date. Until then it's all a bit quiet with them.

Continuing this thread, any dealers out there care to PM me with similar offers of changing my Oct 2012 Citigo Elegance 75PS 5 door (14k miles) for a newer model with similar payments ? 

So where are people looking at where their vehicle is? (at dock, etc)

Dealer. Called in to see salesman a couple of times when I was passing and he was able to login to VW's system to find out how it was progressing... and in all fairness also contacted me straight away when there was something to report.

Dealer. Called in to see salesman a couple of times when I was passing and he was able to login to VW's system to find out how it was progressing... and in all fairness also contacted me straight away when there was something to report.

Ahh, okay. Thanks. Don't think I could be bothered going to the dealers all the time just to get an update, unless there seemed to be a massive delay.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a similar deal swapping the year old Citigo Elegance ASG 75 for a new Elegance Greentech 75 Manual with Style 2 and Convenience packages.

Would not have done the deal with normal finance but with the zero percent PCP  over three years it is a goer and releases capital from the original car.

Have been given a build week of week 12 and delivery in early April.  

Always preferred the manual but bought ASG due to wife being disabled but she cannot now drive the ASG so took this opportunity to get the Manual Greentech.

Looked at other makes but in my opinion the Citigo is still the best. :happy:

Mike.

Hi there

Is the zero% deal still available or did you order before the end of last year please?

Im about to order a new Citigo which is in the Skoda system for 2 week delivery. But obviously would prefer the 0/%. I may just hang on until it comes around again...

The Up cost around 500 more but comes with free insurance & a few extra bits as standard

The Mii is interest free so I should really get that but being SEAT puts me off for some irrational reason.

So I should really hold out for the Skoda deal to return unless its still out there?!!

• 4 weeks later...

Got my Elegance today!! :) Really nice car, big difference from my SE . It's like a posh car on the cheap...lol. Entertainment pack makes a nice improvement to the music too. Back windows are tinted too, did'nt even order that.

Cant use it until 2 weeks time though as off on holiday.   :sun:

• Like 3