Barum Bravuris 3HM

gregoir

I was searching for new 2245/45/17 tyres as my Barum Bravuris 2 are approaching the marker bars. For the same price the newer(?) Barum Bravuris 3HM are available. Anyone have any  experience of them? I'm very happy with my current second set of Barum Bravuris 2 except I feel the mileage is not as good as it could be. The original Michelins, unavailable for many years, were superb but the Barum is impossible to beat pennies per mile IMHO.

• Like 1

Meantime I'm not impressed with Barums generally. I find they give lots of "pull" when you're on the very edge of the surface, aren't that good in the wet, and I'll agree that they don't wear well.

I meant to say that I was unimpressed with the Michelins that replaced the OE spec Michelins. I'm happy with the grip of my current Barums and have found the tyre mileage to be as good/poor as the Michelins. So the cost wins out.

Thanks for the input.The pull indeed indicates I am near the edge of the road and is a useful indicator to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well looks like I will be the first to try them. Ordered four fitted by my local National Tyres. ~£330 all in with tracking. The blocky inner edge of the current rear tyres has suffered the usual strange wear . The Bravuris3 has a more solid tread in that area.

Due to lack of availability now got a higher 94 load rating (normally 91) and XL tyres. Price was the same. Seems OK so far on standard pressures and are quieter at present. £334 all in inc tracking from National tyres.

The HM , Higher Mileage part remains to be proven. 15,000 out of the Bravuris2. Both lots. And the previous expensive non OE Michelins.

Edited by gregoir

• 1 month later...

Had them on for 1000miles or so. Got a smart repair on the corrosion  around two valves and a reseal on a leaky rim. Reluctant to give the tyres any welly as I'm not sure about what pressures to put in an XL tyre. They feel a bit wobbly on sharp corners but mpg and noise levels are fine.

Now on 2.2bar front and rear as per forum advice. Wheel nut torque is OK so wobbly is me or the tyres.Came through the potholed hell that is Blackstock Road , Sheffield reasonably comfortably today. MOT next month and fingers crossed for that.

• 1 year later...