Audi sline gear knob probs

Hi guys bought the sline gear knob need to change the gaitor on it and use the vrs one so it will fit the centre consol how do you separate the leather gaitor from the actual gear knob on them any body got how to pictures of how they fitted there's the audi knobs plastic thing at the bottom of the gaitor is smaller than the vrs one so need to use the skoda gaitor

Seperate the audi knob from the gaitor as its doesnt fit and re use the skoda one, be careful twisting the knob from the gaitor as if you use too much pressure you will break the white splines that hold it onto the gear leaver....as i did!!!.....to re attach the audi knob to the skoda gator just use a small jubilee clip.....then jobs a good 'un :)

kit :)

Super,  thanks the one I have.

N.b. that's the EXPENSIVE, SOLID METAL knob with the red trim -  its much nicer than the "regular" back s-line knob i had in the old car.

:)