what music player on galaxy s3 works with columbus?

Hi folks,

Paired my samsung s3 with columbus on superb 2011. Working great but when I play tracks through bluetooth, i can change track or see track info on columbus screen. I'm using standard samsung music player. Is that the problem?

Cheers!

Jack,

If it's any help ... I bought a used 32GB Gen II iPod (€50 on adverts.ie) it works perfectly, all track names / info / playlists etc. Plugs straight in with the VW data cable, I just leave it in the armrest cubby all the time. Great solution for me, might be something to consider..

Very best,

Rob 

I use an iPod it's brilliant but I am considering a combination of the SD card and the HDD to prevent leaving the iPod in the car.

Fair enough with the SD card, another good solution. I avoided loading any music onto the HDD in the Columbus unit as they are known to "retire" early sometimes ...

Cheers,

Rob 

I'm using standard samsung music player. Is that the problem?

Poweramp shows the track data just fine via bluetooth on my S3/S3/Note 8 devices...  Having said that, I find using an SD card a better solution as well...

m.

I used to use an ipod through the MDI interface cable in the arm rest. Tried a couple of different ipods and fund that even with the sound equaliser switched on (on the ipod) there were some tracks that would not play ball. I switched to an SD card, set up folders for each artist and copied my library across. In my opinion it works better and frees up space in the armrest.

The only thing to consider is that the SD card in the Columbus will not play the standard AAC files from itunes. you need to "create new version" in itunes as mp3. then all is well. You can do this on mass by selecting your entire library and going and have a cup of teas while it works away. If you have a fairly large library, say about 10,000 plus, kick it off late evening and go to bed, it will be all done in the morning. Shows all the artist, album and track data.