Superb II Std fitment wheels.....

I've been looking a while now and have notice the difference between the SE & the Elegance, externally at least, the only visual difference seems to be 17" or 18" rims.

Now i've found a 58 plate SE that I like the look of that has 6-spoke 18" rims that ive not seen before. Are they std fitment? And if so what are they called? (So I can source a set when I evenyually get a Superb as they look a lot easier to clean than the normal Elegance 18" rims!)

Pic from advert below:-

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=cfc3344210fb6078883e8e0f0478998c&width=640&height=480

I specced them on mine as the Themisto’s (std Elegance wheels) have a polished face... which will given time show signs of the dreaded ‘whitework’ 

Oh and they are MUCH easier to clean as well  :giggle:

• Like 1

I'm going to stick with an SE I think (Unless an Elegance comes up without Astro-miles on it for my budget)

I'll definatly be replacing whatever wheels come on the car with a set of Luna's! Defiantely easier to clean!

I also have a set of 18" Phaeton Champions & a set of 8.5x18 Merc Split rims in my shed. So I have a few idea's to go with the Eibach Springs! :)

Would rather stick to a PD (yest I know its older technology and not quite as economical as a CR) But I think Darkside Developments do some nice parts for the PD! (I Already have some of their kit on my current Jetta!)

Never herd of that, a few people have said theirs had flats spots on them, but in about 20K miles of the finest roads in Kent  :think: mine are still perfectly round (not including winter mileage ... where I have actually flat spotted a 16” Audi rim)

So I’m not convinced they are any worse than any of the other OE fit wheels

• Like 1

I had them on an Octavia as an extra at one point and they looked great and really set off the car. No problems with them. Easy to clean too. (Certainly compared to Sirius wheels)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a Superb Combi L&G 4x4 170 TDI DSG. It is fitted with 18" wheels which look great but the tyres are best described as elastic bands, which are good for road holding and sharp steering but boy when a modest pot is struck (many about the New Forest) it sounds and feels as if the front end has been struck by a steam hammer. Out of choice I would go for a higher profile tyre/wheel combination. However, if you have smooth roads or travel in continetal Europe then go for the 18"s. Incidently my front Conti Sport 2s are very worn at 12,500 miles. They may last till 15,000 but will change earlier if the rains return.

• Like 1

Hi, I have a Superb Combi L&G 4x4 170 TDI DSG. It is fitted with 18" wheels which look great but the tyres are best described as elastic bands, which are good for road holding and sharp steering but boy when a modest pot is struck (many about the New Forest) it sounds and feels as if the front end has been struck by a steam hammer. Out of choice I would go for a higher profile tyre/wheel combination. However, if you have smooth roads or travel in continetal Europe then go for the 18"s. Incidently my front Conti Sport 2s are very worn at 12,500 miles. They may last till 15,000 but will change earlier if the rains return.

I'm with you on those sentiments entirely!  Great for looks and handling but I'd take a higher profile if I could.  Out of interest, do you notice any additional noise at higher speeds - the 'hum' on mine is a bit annoying at times.

... When I'm due to change tyres I'll be fitting 225 / 45 / 18 instead of 225 / 40 / 18. A bit more protection for the 18"s and a more cushioned ride. I've looked into it a good bit now and there are no clearance issues. Kumho and Uniroyal do decent mid range tyres in that size that get very good reviews ... After 100K miles in the MKI with a 45 sidewall, I've had zero issues with potholes / rough roads etc. 

HTH,

Rob

• Like 1