Picked up my new Yeti :)

Yetiowner

I picked up my new Yeti 1.2tsi DSG SE in black with annapurna wheels, amundsen, quick clear windscreen, auto light pack, spare wheel, mud flaps.  Love it.  The build quality is superb, the seats are comfortable even on a long journey I had not problems.  The DSG box is very good.

A couple of niggles:

My left outside knee lies up against the wall of the centre console and it is killing me!  I will put some foam in that area to soften it.

The sat nav voice volume does not quieten down the music when playing through BT streaming.

When moving off from standstill I get a slight hesitency in power and also get a slight stalling feel (best I can explain it) before it picks up speed 0-5mph..  anyone have this with the DSG?

But something I have noticed is a sound coming from the engine only noticable with the window down. When I put my foot down, not to go fast but generally as you do, I get what I can describe as a hissing sound or sound if you are taking air out  of tyres.  Is this normal?  I think it is the turbo?  It only happens as your picking up speed and not consistently.

Anyway as a I say I love it and it has met all expectations.  Will post pics soon.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Yetiowner
  • Like 2

Haven't noticed the hissing but it will probably be the turbo. I know what you mean about pulling away. Mine does the same. It's a fine balance with the throttle. You can't control it like a clutch. Too light and it is very slow to pick up. Too heavy and it easily wheel spins. You will get used to it.

When moving off from standstill I get a slight hesitency in power and also get a slight stalling feel (best I can explain it) before it picks up speed 0-5mph..  anyone have this with the DSG?

Yes. Exactly the same.

Thanks for confirming, I will keep an eye on the hissing sound. 

One thing I keep getting in my Maxidot when I turn the car off, it says "check safetylock" see user manual.  What the hell is this lol I checked the manual and cant find anything.

One thing I keep getting in my Maxidot when I turn the car off, it says "check safetylock" see user manual.  What the hell is this lol I checked the manual and cant find anything.

It is there....but if you still cant find it check here.....

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/270453-check-deadlock/

Thanks for confirming, I will keep an eye on the hissing sound. 

Only time I had that hissing sound was when I had had a cracked intercooler on my Audi...  It was sucking in air through the crack.  Have it checked.