Electric and Heated mirror not working (After new doors replaced)

Brin

Hi all,

After having my drivers side doors replaced, my elictric mirrors do not work.

(Im sure I adjusted them when I got the car back from repair.)

The heating elements also dont heat up. I noticed this last week, when the mirrors did not defrost. So I just assumed the fuse had blown.

I then discovered that these are on two seperate fuses.. 

So I have replaced both fueses. but there is still no life in either system.

Is there anything I can look at to check for loose wires?

I will be calling the repairer on Monday, but just in case it is a simple fix I thought I would ask.

Cheers

Brin

The repairer is the one to have sort it since their work is guaranteed.

Has your car been in for the Heated Seat Element/Switch Recall which is not actually a Recall, ?

because Skoda are not keen on making Owners aware of Issues, like seats that could cause injury or loss of life if a car goes on fire!

That was my Question Kammy,

Where should I look to check what needs to be plugged in, if anything is loose? 

I have called the bodyshop, but no-one is there on a Saturday, so I will call again on Monday.  Bit of a pain as its a bit tricky for me to get into them, so I was hoping it would be something I could spot.

No, it hasnt been in for any reacall.. Sounds a bit ominous!

Sounds like something not connected properly, like the switch.

As much of a pain as it is, the Repair company were the last ones to touch it, so it's down to them to fix.  If you take it to Skoda, they'll either disown the problem or even if they do fix it, the accident company will probably have a get out if you have further problems.

I had a leaking radiator after an accident repair (only started leaking after they'd rebuilt the front end of the car!) - it was a pain getting it repaired by the accident repairers, but it had to go that way.

Depending on how enthusiastic you are, the door cards aren't too bad. It's a 5 minute job to get one off if you know how: torx screw at the bottom of the door card, two behind the door handle (prise that off gently with a flat bladed screwdriver) then pull towards you so all the clips come out, and then lift up to unhook it from the window.

That said, the repairers should be sorting this out for you.

Thanks for the reply chaps. Just to complete this topic... All sorted now (I hope)

I took it to the repairer this morning. 

They checked the connections and plugged averything back in and now it is working again, I suspect something came lose after my first drive.

On the plus side, after getting two new doors on the car, they dont rattle any more!

Cheers

Brin

• Like 3