rapid front grille

After several weeks of looking at that chrome surround on the grille, I've decided it had to go !

After an hour if wrestling try to get the clips of the bumper then the surround ive had it in work and sprayed the lot satin black. Now dry cant wait get it home and put it back together and re-fit. For some reason it wont let me upload any photos

The dealer got mine sprayed before i picked it up. I got Autoglym and the grille sprayed black included in the price.

U got a Sport?

Sent using my right thumb

Ive sprayed both the grille and the outer chrome cover, now satin black. looks cool, cant wait fit it later. Would put pics up but for some reason cant get them to upload and where is the facility to do this ?

Bit dark but u get the idea.

Miles better than the chrome especially with the candy white paintwork. Why cant skoda see these little bits of detail that make it stand out and finish it off ?

a5yqa3y8.jpg

9uta4ude.jpg

y5e7uvaq.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3e8y3y3u.jpg

ujaruzy7.jpg

7eheju9y.jpg

apu4ybuj.jpg

how do these look ?

Might get some satin vinyl and cover the little space / triangular shape to either side of the grille under the lights. What do you think ?

how do these look ?
Might get some satin vinyl and cover the little space / triangular shape to either side of the grille under the lights. What do you think ?

it looks quite sporty IMHO :)

you can check how it will come out from my Rapid fotos in the links below.

post #41

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/278657-12-tsi-105-hp-elegance-from-greece/page-2

post #21

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/278657-12-tsi-105-hp-elegance-from-greece/

Just had a look and I think it looks fab. I agree with you just finishes the job off nicely. Think I will be looking on flea bay tonight for some vinyl !

Thanks for the info n pics Arabas

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

looks good but does the chrome need to be primed for the black paint to stick? and how resistent to chipping will it be I wonder?

The dealer got mine sprayed before i picked it up. I got Autoglym and the grille sprayed black included in the price.

Which Dealer did this for you? I'd have had no chance of this with my dealer!

I did mine myself. Its a swine to remove the grille tho, really awkward as I didn't want to remove the bumper and it took about 5 days. Once the grille is off split the chrome surround from the main grille body and give both parts a good clean, rough it up with wet n dry, then de-grease/clean I used fairy liquid-water mix then give it a few coats with a good plastic primer, a light sand down with a very fine wet n dry. Give it a couple of dust coats of the top colour and a final top/finishing coat.

Then fit it

• 3 months later...

How did you remove the grille please?

I'm wanting to do my grille surround too [emoji16]

I can see the screws on the top but don't know what to do after that.

My Citigo was a nightmare too [emoji57]

Remove the top screws and it should pop off. When I had an accident in mine, I watched it being taken off and put back on again. Just make sure it lines up right when you put it back on.

Get a torch in the grill to try see the clips that hold it in so you aren't straining the weak points.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi guys!

I have been trying to get the grill of my spaceback to over tape it but i can't get it to come off.

I have taken the four (4) screws of but the bottom of the grill  and pressed the clips open in the top holes but it seems to be glued from the bottom to the front bumper?

Have i done something wrong or can it really be glued to the bumper because when trying to lift it off, the bumper seems to move with the grill?